What's new

Yard Sale Find (pic heavy)

Here are a couple of razors that my husband's uncle found at a yard sale. I have never heard of them before. One is a Mark Cross. It is silver plated. Most of the silver plate has warn off. It cleaned up fairly well. I am going to get some polish and see what I can still do with it though. The second one is a Barnum. The directions for both say "the greater the pressure the closer the shave." Both seem to have come out of New York. What do you know of them???

Here are before and after pics.

Here are the before pics....

Here are the after pics...

For only spending a few minutes with them, I am pleased at the way they have turned out so far. I plan on spending more time with them and seeing if I can get them any better. Both came with blades in them. The one in the Barnum still had a decent edge on it, though I doubt it is shaveable and the one in the cross was dull as crap. It probably would not cut warm butter!!! Anyway...that is the rundown.

Last edited:
Thanks! I am gonna search the web and see what I can find on them. I have just been really busy and have not had the time yet. Was hoping someone here had some info but it looks as if that is not the case.

Top Bottom