What's new

Yard Sale Find: Boker King Cutter

122C35FE-803C-4662-B66A-1AECAE5BD0B6.jpeg
27D7CD53-D85F-48B6-AC30-4F41DA3404BE.jpeg
another yard sale find. This looks to be a vintage Boker King Cutter.

The scales I’m guessing aren’t original because it doesn’t have the tree and has an extra hole

I’d love more info and to get this in capable hands of someone who can bring this to life.

Any information would be appreciated.

Yeah, it's a rescale (the extra hole is a giveaway... the Boker must have been longer than the original blade in those scales)... but there are some King Cutters in plain slick black scales... the scales with the tree actually are less common in my experience.

Yeah, it's a rescale (the extra hole is a giveaway... the Boker must have been longer than the original blade in those scales)... but there are some King Cutters in plain slick black scales... the scales with the tree actually are less common in my experience.
Is it worth a rescale or just get it honed and cleaned and back on the face.

Is this a rare razor? Or valuable?

Is there a problem with the scales on it? Rescaling isn't hard, but the hole isn't a problem as long as the razor fits in the scales and closes centered... not worth the bother if that's the case.

Rare? No. King Cutters are common. It's a little more valuable than your average vintage razor though. Boker's are pretty popular and King Cutter's are one of their more well known razors. One of the few old school razors still being made, actually.

Top Bottom