What's new

Yaqi Sentinel

Do they happen to make a Personna BBS-0 clone in nickel plated brass? I would buy that. They clearly have skills that could be utilized to bring back classic designs no longer available. How about a brass Eclipse?

When my Sentinel order was unexpectedly canceled, I ordered the Yaqi 105DC Duo instead, which arrived yesterday. I don't know if this too is a Wolfman clone, but it has a similar high shine and I found this morning that it's incredibly smooth.

I didn't get BBS from it, but I'd estimate it firmly in DFS++ territory without an ATG pass, and when I applied aftershave I was amazed to receive literally no feedback. The shave wasn't quite as close as it could have been, but I'm really splitting hairs here (no pun intended): it was a close, comfortable shave. I don't have a lot of experience with open comb razors, but the OC side of this head doesn't seem that much more aggressive to me; so far I seem to prefer the SB side of the head. We'll see where things go from here; I am curious about OC razors so I have a couple more on their way.

Overall it seems like a great head and I truly look forward to using it in the future. I'm still waiting for my Sentinel to arrive, but at least this time that head actually shipped, and in the meantime I have this one to keep me company. :D
So the Yaqi 105DC Duo is the clone of the RR with the dual comb of .72 OC and .95 SB?

BTW the Yaqi DC/SB look like a Lupo but are actually scalloped Game Changers. They even said it in the product descriptions. Cosmetically based on the Lupo, blade gap/exposure and shaving characteristics of the GC 68/84, at least the 105 is unique haha.

Yaqi or whoever they/DS Cosmetics are working with, are definitely capable of producing mirror polished CNC razors, and probably has more volume potential than most artisans. Industry beware haha.

If only they'd step out of the me-too stage.
View attachment 1514513
But the one I'm looking at doesn't have a scalloped cap. 45.84US $ |Yaqi 105dc Duo Ssp ( 316 Stainless Steel )polished Safety Razor Head For Men - Razors - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804160452539.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt
And

Cosmetically based on the Lupo, blade gap/exposure and shaving characteristics of the GC 68/84,
Which blade gap? Which shaving characteristics? 68 or 84? (rhetorical)

Well, my second order for a Sentinel was auto-cancelled because they never shipped it. I placed one more, but if it fails to ship again I won’t keep trying - I can take a hint.

So the Yaqi 105DC Duo is the clone of the RR with the dual comb of .72 OC and .95 SB?
I’m guessing that’s correct. I had never looked at the Lupo until after I got this head, but aside from the underside of the baseplate it looks just like a Lupo.

Well, my second order for a Sentinel was auto-cancelled because they never shipped it. I placed one more, but if it fails to ship again I won’t keep trying - I can take a hint.

I’m guessing that’s correct. I had never looked at the Lupo until after I got this head, but aside from the underside of the baseplate it looks just like a Lupo.
Strange, I made my order August 23th, they shipped next day and sent me tracking number.

Strange, I made my order August 23th, they shipped next day and sent me tracking number.
Maybe one of the other items in my order was unavailable? This last order was the head alone, so hopefully it works out. If not, 🤷‍♂️.

Mine came in yesterday and I used it late afternoon. All week I've been using vintage techs, not paying too much attention because the techs don't really require it. I also shave daily, and stubble was pretty thick because the last shave wasn't as close and I shaved late afternoon instead of in the morning. First pass for me is south to north atg.
First pass I really didn't feel any blade, really smooth wasn't even sure if it was cutting, but it does have slight audible sound when cutting. Follow up with a partial atg on the areas that don't go south north jawline and neck, then any touch ups. New rapira swedish SS and it felt close, huge change from all week with techs. I had a few small nicks my fault for going fast and not paying attention on the neck.18 hours later and there's barely any stubble. It shaves great but not as close for me on the neck.

Attachments

• 20220904_093256.jpg
    20220904_093256.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • 20220903_161348.jpg
    20220903_161348.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 79

Iridian

Cool and slimy

I ordered from Germany. For quite a while I had NOTHING shown in various AliExpress stores, while others could buy. It has to do with EU+specific German customs and tax regulations, also about recycling electronics and all that.

By now I can get things again.

In your case, you should ask them in their CHAT (replies take some 3-4 hours) what's up and why they can't send to you. Yaqi, Matrminco, Yintal, DSCosmetic answered quite detailed and offered even alternate shipping in between.

But yeah, after two attempts I would also rather get something else.

Might be something with your country or your payment processor/credit card.

I’ve purchased directly from Yaqi via Aliexpress many times, even alongside these orders I have received other items from them with no problems. I have no idea what’s going on.

My Sentinel should arrive around this Sunday, with a Shield (or Boti) DE razor. Can't wait to see which one will win.:shifty::shifty:

Third shave on the same blade and it's still shaving smooth and close. Blade feel is still minimal and it's an enjoyable shave. On the neck it's not as close as some smaller more nimble heads but on the face it shaves as close as anything else I have.

Attachments

• 20220905_124434.jpg
    20220905_124434.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Top Bottom