What's new

Yaqi Sentinel

Yesterday I did a Sentinel 1.5 comparison: OC vs SB. It is hard to decide which one is better. Both are amazing shavers. Very efficient and comfortable shaves. I could stop at one pass with these. I do a very careful ATG pass for a smooth BBS. Maybe because they force me to be cautious, but I don't really get nicks or irritation with these ones. The SB gives way more auditory feedback, and it is easy to control the shave. The 1.5 OC is surprisingly not aggressive. Lots of blade feel, but unless you are going reckless, it is not an uncomfortable blade feel, it kinda guides you towards the best angle, and it is very intuitive while being forgiving of the angle. I will share a picture with the angle I use. I figure that is easier than saying how shallow, neutral or steep I go with them. The photos also show how efficient first pass they are capable of. I think I found razors that will stay with me for the long run. At least one of them for sure, if not all.
20240410_175953.jpg

20240412_001223.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Chelko I am glad that this worked out, was not sure if you can stand the 1.5 OC gap.
Regarding OC vs SB, besides the obvious teeth vs bar difference, do I see this right and the SB head cap is a bit different from the OC? The OC cap seems to be a bit thinner, the SB having some more material left under the cap. But could just be the angle and an optical illusion. I saw and felt quite a difference for my SB and OC.

@Chelko I am glad that this worked out, was not sure if you can stand the 1.5 OC gap.
Regarding OC vs SB, besides the obvious teeth vs bar difference, do I see this right and the SB head cap is a bit different from the OC? The OC cap seems to be a bit thinner, the SB having some more material left under the cap. But could just be the angle and an optical illusion. I saw and felt quite a difference for my SB and OC.
I've seen some pictures showing a notorious difference. I didn't notice that on mine. I'll take a picture to show the plates and caps

Well Yaki & DSCosmetics do good or great job of making copies of popular Razor Heads n Handles.

They are competitive price making them attractive to purchase.

Would be interesting for some one more knowledgeable in Razor Heads to make a chart of Oruginal Design like Wolfman WR -2, with all the clones listed that are similar or good clones.

So far as I can tell the one item that interests me is Clone of Ti-Timeless Crown Handle.

Top Bottom