What's new

Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant blades?

Question for Yaqi slant users: what blades work best for you?

The two best for me so far are GSB and Astra Superior Stainless. What would you recommend?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Question for Yaqi slant users: what blades work best for you?

The two best for me so far are GSB and Astra Superior Stainless. What would you recommend?
I would go with the GSB with steep angle approach is what I would use. Sharp & smoooth that blade is.
I Would also use the shortest handle you have if you are going to shave with a steep approach (riding the bar)because less weight, less leverage and easy to withdraw near the bottom of the neck and also work the chin area better IMO.
I was surprized how well the Yaqi slant works with a steep approach.

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I would personally add Nacets to the list I can daily shave with the blade and get comfortable BBS with each shave. I do a 2 pass shave WTG XTG and some pick ups on the neck area.

I would go with the GSB with steep angle approach is what I would use. Sharp & smoooth that blade is.
I Would also use the shortest handle you have if you are going to shave with a steep approach (riding the bar)because less weight, less leverage and easy to withdraw near the bottom of the neck and also work the chin area better IMO.
I was surprized how well the Yaqi slant works with a steep approach.
I noticed in a May thread that your first shaves with the Yaqi slant were with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP. At this point, do you prefer the GSB?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I noticed in a May thread that your first shaves with the Yaqi slant were with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP. At this point, do you prefer the GSB?
Some times I forget to take down the wrapper or I'm torn up with the Ukraine war and resent the that mindless military dumbness that has no benefits so I will not post the Saint Petersburg GSB blades at times that I bought way before when times were much more Peaceful. Just the way my brain works. GSB blades are the best blade out there for sharpness and Smooothness but they have a limited longevity. 4-5 shaves great shaves usually for myself where other blades might get a 1 or 2 more shaves.
The Gillette 7oClock SP are so close to similar feel and longevity that they must be made out of the same steel blanks, the GSB is has a Teflon coating and the Gillette India 7oClock SP has a great platinum coating. Gillette makes wonderful blades IMO.
I thought you wanted us to pick the best of the 2 blades you showed us so I chose the GSB that is my favorite blade.
I was thinking the Rapira Lux Platinum would be a nice smooth blade for these razors also.
I made this chart a while back to help me explain my thoughts better and help who ever wanted a Ball park suggestion on blades that I have used and kind of used the Gillette Astra SP blade as my standard to Compare blades so this is what I felt they placed in as performance for my beard type. The top 5 DE blades crossing from Sharp & smooth to Sharpest in the photo chart are my favorites or my top tier blades. GSB is my favorite but the others are very similar.
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom