What's new

Yaqi Tile Vs Henson Medium DE Razor Head Shave Thoughts

Just got my Yaqi Tile stainless today.

It's on the queue for my next shave.

Blade tips ?

Kai?

Gillette Platinum?
off the top of my head i've used polsilver, kai, feather and astra ss blue

go for whatever sharp blade you like, its an easy effortless shaver, so hopefully you cant go wrong

Just got my Yaqi Tile stainless today.

It's on the queue for my next shave.

Blade tips ?

Kai?

Gillette Platinum?
Try the Gillette Platinum for one side of the face and the Kai for the other side and that will help you blade feel the difference, A standard new blade will give a decent shave I have found with mine but the Kai will out perform other blades with milder razors IMO .

Try the Gillette Platinum for one side of the face and the Kai for the other side and that will help you blade feel the difference, A standard new blade will give a decent shave I have found with mine but the Kai will out perform other blades with milder razors IMO .
interesting never thought of doing that

interesting never thought of doing that
That is the best way to explain the differences of the 2 blades, you should feel a little more blade feel with the Kai. The extra blade feel is not for every one but I really enjoy my milder razors more than ever. I wish I would of bought some Kai blades earlier when I started collecting razors because I more than likely would used them more with my vintage Gillette supper speeds.

Reactions: saj
That is the best way to explain the differences of the 2 blades, you should feel a little more blade feel with the Kai. The extra blade feel is not for every one but I really enjoy my milder razors more than ever. I wish I would of bought some Kai blades earlier when I started collecting razors because I more than likely would used them more with my vintage Gillette supper speeds.
yea sharp blades and mild razors is a nice combo, like the tech with any sharp blades work good most the time

DE SOTD, Thursday, July 21st 2022

Razor : Yaqi Tile stainless steel head- Excellent mild to tame mid range, head is made of 316 stainless steel, it roams over the face fairly safely because of minimal blade exposure, GSB blade works well with this razor IMO. Good for a Newbie or seasoned shaver who likes to relax more while shaving. I get good results with razor mostly, good design & reminds me of the Henson razor design.
Blade : Gillette Silver blue(1) excellent, sharp & Smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued):scared::sad:
Brush : Yaqi mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Tile razor with a new GSB blade.:001_wub:
SOTD July 21.2 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom