What's new

Yaqi The Final Cut review from PIF

@kaufdrop27 was kind and generous to PIF me Yaqi the Final Cut as my first DE razor. GIVEAWAY! - PIF - Yaqi The Final Cut - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/pif-yaqi-the-final-cut.627102/#google_vignette

I received the Yaqi like new. I immediately started to take it apart, and the first thing I noticed is that while unscrewing the bottom, the middle dial knob is a bit loose, but it has no problem putting it back together with the blade I received from the participation PIF, Personna.

First Shave

Soap Proraso shaving soap (white)
Brush Stirling 24mm badger
Razor Yaqi the Final Cut
Blade Mysteree-X Blade Personna

I tried the dial-up method, starting at 1, which I did not feel a thing. Then I went up to 2, it still feels a bit mild, not as smooth of a shave. Probably because my consistency from the soap is a bit thick, it felt like it was sticking as I shave. I added water to the lather and it was a bit lighter. I also dialed up to 4. It felt a lot better and I was getting BBS with no time, 2 passes with and against the grain.
1658994101607.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
@kaufdrop27 was kind and generous to PIF me Yaqi the Final Cut as my first DE razor. GIVEAWAY! - PIF - Yaqi The Final Cut - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/pif-yaqi-the-final-cut.627102/#google_vignette

I received the Yaqi like new. I immediately started to take it apart, and the first thing I noticed is that while unscrewing the bottom, the middle dial knob is a bit loose, but it has no problem putting it back together with the blade I received from the participation PIF, Personna.
Lucky you, enjoy!

Why didn't they call the "Final Nick" version 99? lol
Is that what they called it? Nice. I'm very new with no experience with other DE razors. After I got my lathering correct, I haven't nicked myself yet. The first time was way too thick, the blade was sticking to my face. LOL. So far I got 8 shaves with the razor on adjusted dial 4, it's going great. Maybe one day when I try a different DE razor, I might find out how bad this razor is. My face is not growing fast enough with me switching from DE and SR shaving. I cut myself more with SR.

Top Bottom