What's new

Yaqi stainless steel Mellon razor head.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, February 20th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation 316SSP head with my 2nd purchased Yaqi Chippendale 316SSP handle (Darwin handle looking, close to resemblance to that time era for "The Grande shave King razor",1940's existence) I think if this Yaqi Mellon 316SSP head was on the razor at the time of "The Grande shave king" it would still be in business IMO. Mr Mellon(creator of the Grande shave King) had other variations but always very mild it seems!
Mfg 2023>, mid range. What a nice well machined and finished razor head with excellent QC. The audio feed back is a nice sizzling sound of snipped whiskers is best way to describe it. The razor is delightful to use and performs well + results do no lie. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Permasharp(2) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with some of the best lather qualities I have used in hard soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26 mm snow leopard synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice face feel to this brush + this brush impressed me to purchase other 26mm synthetic brushes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing aftershave lotion :001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon razor with a Permasharp blade. Very enjoyable shave.
SOTD Febuaruy 20 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, February 27th, 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation Mellon head 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2023>, tame mid to mid range. Machining and finish QC are excellent for my shaving needs. This is one of my favorites when dialed in + performs well with some blade feel. The audio feedback is what I enjoy mostly + results it offers. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Nacet (3) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities. RR duplicated Irish creed scent they claimed at one time?
Brush : Omega 10005 22 mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft spit end bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush when broke in IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi 2nd Gen Mellon 316 SSP head with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 27 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

SE SOTD, Wednesday, March 6th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Mellon head SSP with a Chippendale 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC that is very hard to Mfg. I really enjoy the audio feedback from this razor(sizzling sound) of whiskers being chopped clean off. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(3) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade in my shave den.
Soap : Proraso green, nice scented soap Eucalyptus with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm 3band high mountain silver tip badger. Excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper =:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon head razor with a GSB blade. Had a wonderful shave this morning.
SOTD March 6 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, March 12th 2024

Razor : Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation Mellon head 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2023>, tame mid to mid range. Machining and finish QC are excellent for my shaving needs. This is one of my favorites when dialed in + performs well with some blade feel. The audio feedback is what I enjoy mostly + results it offers. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (3) sharp and smooth + reasonable longevity. Gillette makes some of the nicest blades to shave with.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild bright lavender with a touch of (mint?) with excellent lather qualities. Lavender soaps have to be one of the best for skin protections while shaving with a nice scent usually.
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic fan knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice big handle for big hands and a excellent knot(very rare) Yaqi fan knot.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavada cologne :001_wub:with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon head 316 SSP razor with a Gillette Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD March 12 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday, Marsh 23rd.

Razor : Yaqi Mellon head SSP with a Chippendale 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC that is very difficult to Mfg. I really enjoy the audio feedback from this razor(sizzling sound) of whiskers being chopped clean off. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock super stainless(4) sharp and smoooth with great longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice addictive scent(similar to Aramis classic) is my understanding + excellent lather qualities. Master soap creations of S.A was selected to create Yaqi soap and fragrance line of products are some of the best IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar bristle hair shave brush. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Good all around shave brush for my needs.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with Yaqi Mellon head 316 SSP razor + a Gillette 7oClock SS blade.
SOTD March 23 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, March 28th 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd generation Mellon 316SSP head with my 2nd purchased Yaqi Chippendale 316SSP handle (Darwin handle looking, close to resemblance to that time era for "The Grande shave King razor",1940's existence)-
Mfg 2023>, mid range. What a nice well machined and finished razor head with excellent QC. The audio feed back is a nice sizzling sound of snipped whiskers is best way to describe it. The razor is delightful to use and performs well + results do no lie. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) sharp and Smoooth with reasonable longevity. Very nice blade to use on 1-3 shaves for excellent results on my beard mostly.
Soap : Razorock Santa Mari del Fiore, nice vanilla light tobacco scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" 24 mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Post shave : Razorock MF splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Melon razor with a GSB blade. Lots of stellar close shaves lately, not complaining just observing!
SOTD March 28 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom