What's new

Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 stainless steel slant razor head."Torsion Type"

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have the DLC-Yagi Open Comb Slant Head. Just had my second shave using Shave Nation oil and a several shaves worn Feather.

Am I right to assume that the Slope head is more mild than the OC offering?
The Yaqi Top aggressive slant is more aggressive with a lot more blade feel, it is a good slant razor "Torsion type also" if you enjoy blade feel and some folks do. I have used it and it takes good technique and results can be stellar. I use a light touch + a steep angle(riding the bar) with a short handle for less leverage & weight gives quicker blade feel response as needed on different area's of my face.
(L) Yaqi top aggressive chrome slant was their 1st slant they manufactured and still do!

SOTD May 18 2022.jpg

Yaqi1 aggressive razor chart..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
@Ron R - very nice! Yeah, I used mine on a Muhle standard handle (non-Grande), and found it to be pretty cool. Feedback was good, very audible. I think it'll replace my R41 heads.

FYI - unless I'm some how missing it, I don't see our Yagi OC slant head in their store anymore.

Ron R

@Ron R - very nice! Yeah, I used mine on a Muhle standard handle (non-Grande), and found it to be pretty cool. Feedback was good, very audible. I think it'll replace my R41 heads.

FYI - unless I'm some how missing it, I don't see our Yagi OC slant head in their store anymore.
Yaqi makes batches of 100 or more it seems and maybe they are making some more or promoting their new "Slope" 316 SS Slant? It could become obsolete also who knows with Yaqi marketing!

Me too! Their webpage only shows me the stainless slant at the moment.

I have a Parker Semi-Slant due to arrive today. I already know that's a mild razor, so will likely mitigate the need to buy/try the Yaqi Slope slant head. I'll probably start going in the other direction and look at the Razorock Superslant and Fatip Storto Original.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday March 4th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant with a Yaqi Chippendale Darwin looking handle- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range, accurate machining QC with adequate finish for my shaving needs, blade clamping is excellent & second to none for a torsional type slant IMO. Had a close wonderful carefree shave mostly to start the day off.
Blade : KAI SS(6) sharp smooth + excellent longevity
Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea, unique bright scent with excellent lather qualities. Always look forward using this soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 slant with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD March 4 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Ali_xpress has one of those trend sales and I was looking at this slant and Yaqi has a good discount on this razor better than the discount I bought mine at + make sure to get the coupon from Alie for their discount and combined you got your self a no brainer bargain. I usually do not do this but that is awesome for someone who is thinking about it and I have been talking about this slant lately.

Ali_xpress has one of those trend sales and I was looking at this slant and Yaqi has a good discount on this razor better than the discount I bought mine at + make sure to get the coupon from Alie for their discount and combined you got your self a no brainer bargain. I usually do not do this but that is awesome for someone who is thinking about it and I have been talking about this slant lately.
I got a Bohemia with this sale. Sale price plus $8 on their coupon code for a really good price IMHO, at least good enough for me to give it a test shave or two!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday March14th 2023, still enjoying this razor a lot, it could easily be a daily driver for lots of folks IMO.

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant + Yaqi Chippendale 316 SS polished handle-Mfg Jan 2023, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used and how mature your technique is. Excellent machining and finish QC mostly and is adequate for my shaving needs. This is a very enjoyable razor and has a unique slope bar with machined torsion clamping of blade incorporated into this design. One of a kind design and I enjoy slant razors but you will not find one quite like this design as of yet. I enjoyed this razor with the Kai SS extra wide blade that gave a stellar excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS Extra wide(7) sharp & Smoooth with excellent longevity. One of my favorite blades + superior to any shimming IMO.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood, nice Bayrum scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm 2 band badger, Excellent lather generator, big pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber that 2 band badgers are well noted for + great lather painter. Big handle with nice big knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum + Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Kai Extra wide blade.
SOTD March 14 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Inspired by or not, Yaqi is killing it!

Werent quick enough to snatch up the prototypes, but soon to come apparently:

Maybe Yaqi is making some tribute or is in collusion with Gillette to manufacture from the past to present some oldie Goldie 's razors. Never understood why Gillette never made a slant when King Gillette lost control over his Business empire and new folks where running the show.
Gillette could of easily made a nice slant but that was another day. King Gillette thought Slant razors where a Gimmick to sell razors but Merkur sold 10's of thousands over the decades of time.
King Gillette promoted the Gillette slide instead, they claimed it did the same thing but that was not the point, it still had to make a profit at the end of the day and tooling up was a big cost no doubt in the 1930's-50's.
But things change with Technology and small batches of razors are still profitable even for a large company if done inhouse or farmed out!
(Below old archived photo of the Gillette slide that King Gillette promoted was just as good, I disagree but results can be stellar with some care not to over do the angle creating a slice or serious nick in the wrong hands.) Also a lot of slants add the Torsion into the blade to make the blade rigid and slice different!
Gillette slide (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
This slant is obviously a variant of yaqi's previous clone of Razorock Gamechanger/Lupo.
Also, it's a pity that it modified the Darwin handle into a quadrilateral, perhaps for ease of machining, but less elegant than the original hexagonal design.

Yaqi already has enough technology that I would hope they get serious about developing their own brand new designs.

Ron R

This slant is obviously a variant of yaqi's previous clone of Razorock Gamechanger/Lupo.
Also, it's a pity that it modified the Darwin handle into a quadrilateral, perhaps for ease of machining, but less elegant than the original hexagonal design.

Yaqi already has enough technology that I would hope they get serious about developing their own brand new designs.
I own the Razor Lupo and the Game changer and it is no where near the same razor, they might visually look similar but they are 3 different razors totally.
The RR GC.84 and the Lupo.72 do not have the Torsion twisting helical built in design and the safety bars are all different in those 3 models mentioned! There are no similar true slant razors like this one ever designed that I'm aware of from looking through old vintage types to modern razors, Yaqi has generated its own gene pool in slant design with this model that will be copied like all razor shaving gear over time IMO! I have to disagree with you on this one @ERS4 !
Darwin also made a few 4 sided models of their handle also, not as popular possibly because of orientation for handle to user preference, easy fix I discovered with a little understanding how to correct this! Yaqi gets blamed a lot for cloning but I'm not sure how you can change a razor(razors) to look and function properly in shaving.
All of Gillette's shaving hard wear gear has been cloned from razor blades to TTO to 3 pc even cartridge razors to just Gillette's cartridges is the best example I can generate and on a world wide scale cloning :a9:!

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I own the Razor Lupo and the Game changer and it is no where near the same razor, they might visually look similar but they are 3 different razors totally.
The RR GC.84 and the Lupo.72 do not have the Torsion twisting helical built in design and the safety bars are all different in those 3 models mentioned! There are no similar true slant razors like this one ever designed that I'm aware of from looking through old vintage types to modern razors, Yaqi has generated its own gene pool in slant design with this model that will be copied like all razor shaving gear over time IMO! I have to disagree with you on this one @ERS4 !
Darwin also made a few 4 sided models of their handle also, not as popular possibly because of orientation for handle to user preference, easy fix I discovered with a little understanding how to correct this? Yaqi gets blamed a lot for cloning but I'm not sure how you can change a razor(razors) to look and function properly in shaving.
All of Gillette's shaving hard wear gear has been cloned from razor blades to TTO to 3 pc even cartridge razors to just Gillette's cartridges is the best example I can generate and on a world wide scale cloning :a9:!
Guerrilla-the earliest developed by Wolfman, and its design concept must have influenced the later Wr1, although the aggressiveness and head geometry are different.

And Razorock admits that their "Gamechanger is from Guerrilla / Lupo is from Wr1"...... Yaqi also stated on Chinese forums that they refer to the design of Gamechanger and Lupo (Chinese forums also agreed that Yaqi imitated Razorock)(I am Asian and Chinese is my mother tongue). So these designs are all related, although the aggressiveness does change.
You can disagree, but the impact at the design level is a fact, at least we can find contextual details and ways of thinking.

It is indeed difficult to innovate, but in fact many brands have achieved it-Wolfman started research and development based on a Gillette Tech clone razor(Baili 171), and the subsequent products are far from Tech/Baili 171.↓
299469495_5464091106963081_8380166640265659091_n (1).jpg

Tatara also pioneered its own unique adjustment mechanism, unlike any razor in history. ↓
299469495_5464091106963081_8380166640265659091_n (1).jpg
proxy.php

So although innovation is difficult, it must be a way to make everything better.
I don't hate Yaqi, I have bought a lot of Yaqi products, but I really want them to be better.
Glad you like your razor, and happy shave :)

Last edited:

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, March 21st 2023, Very enjoyable shaving with this slant and it will be moved up in razor rotation.

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SS handle , Mfg Jan 2023>, well designed slant razor, excellent machining and Finish is adequate for my shaving needs. The razor work on the torsional design with sloped safety bar for excellent performance. Good daily driver for some folks with a regular DE blade or for a little more blade feel use a Kai SS extra wide blade. Had a excellent shave on minimal stubble (24Hrs) from the previous shave that was very close also.
Blade : Kai SS, sharp & smooth with excellent longevity, it is slightly wider by 9/1000 of a inch or .0045 per side and is excellent for giving a little boost in a razor for blade feel.
Soap : Razorock Emperor, nice unique linear sharp scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This produced produces a big splay on first cleaning and still puts a smile on my face looking at it.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent stellar shave with my Yaqi Slope slant 316 SS with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD March 21 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Thursday, March 30th 2023

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 SS with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SS Darwin looking handle- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used and how mature your technique is. Machining and finish QC are excellent and are perfect for my shaving needs. Well built and is one of kind design as of now & is a superb modern torsion type slant with the slopping safety bar makes the Yaqi slope a true slant.
Carefree shaving with a Kai Extra wide blade this morning for a excellent shave & also made for a good match with my Yaqi SLOPE slant for a tame mid range shave IMO.
Blade : Kai extra wide (3), sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity. The Kai blade is 9/1000 inches wider or .0045" per side giving a nice slight boost in blade feel and efficentcy.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice linear unique musk scent(Aramis orginal?) with excellent lather qualities, Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations of S.A to introduce their line soaps and fragrances.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever ready" 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, firm pillow like soft tips, firm splay scrubber, good lather painter. This high density 2 band badger knot with short loft it was designed for folks who enjoy the scrub when using a brush IMO.
Post shave :Witch hazel beard cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade. Great carefree shaving mostly with excellent results!
SOTD March 30 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom