What's new

Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 stainless steel slant razor head."Torsion Type"

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804950388302.html

Yaqi_slope.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I didn't find Torsion Slant in the Yaqi store. The "Slope" was the only slant I found in their store.
They must of just given it a name recently, They like to name their products, I added the Torsion because its in that category of slants where the blade has a slight angle and helical twist like a lot of slants. Some folks will not own a slant unless it has that feature and myself included. When I first say the razor introduced it took me a few minutes of observation of their photo's to put in that category! Yaqi sometimes has a new product and puts it on their face book page for folks to give it a name from my understanding I'm don't use face book at all.

Ron R

I had the title changed a little thanks to one of the moderators on this thread so not confuse anyone new, Yaqi must of named their new slant razor finally to "SLOPE" very recently and so we change as needed so not confuse anyone.

Ron R

Sunday shave Slant, February26th 2023. Day#3 of testing & 3consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle, Mfg 2023>, this razor is well thought out for design and finish & is adequate for my shaving needs. Accuracy when flipped 180 degrees feels on both sides while shaving feels and sounds accurate so my conclusion it is well machined fairly accurate to being centered and QC is OK. Finish is reasonable but I did stone a few sharp corners to my liking(use your discretion on that). I have done this on other razors also so no problem.
The nice thing about this slant is it is compact and is not overly aggressive but more a mild to tame mid range using a standard Gillette blade to my preferred type of razor in a slant. It is a different design concept to other torsional type designs we see a lot of.
The Yaqi SLOPE slant can do any shaving area of my face in normally positions as regular razor sized razor can do with head not being to large and in the way, that is also very strong design feature that is positive IMO.
As for the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle that has a different hand feel as a round handle I'm use to it will take a few shaves to adjust and so far a OK for a different feel but with handle up going ATG passes it is a great feeling.
It looks stunning and works best with squares oriented perpendicular as shown in photo IMO. I use a modified copper & aluminum coated washers #10/32 inch for some of my nice stainless steel razors and Zamak chrome razors this one got one also with a little tinkering to get it right the way I like it so not to over tighten the "Chippendale" handle and do damage to threads(no need to over tighten & use a nylon 5mm diameter or 10/32 nylon washer would do the same also purpose possibly.)
Blade : Gillette Astra SP (3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Tabac, nice flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities for this classic soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle knot, Excellent lather generator, Soft bleached split end bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Comfortable handle also.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse with Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316ss slant with a Astra SP blade.
6SOTD Feburary 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I was mentioning about compact size of the Yaqi SLOPE 316 slant razor head and thought it would interesting to compare a few of my other favorite razors as a comparison in size and shape. A picture can show a lot of information than I can explain and we all learn from one another as we bump along in shaving.
- The Lupo has a real low profile head and is a easy razor to work under the nose area IMO.
- The Yaqi slope 316 slant is not much different in height than my favorite DE RR Lupo.72 razor head.
- The Razorock German 37 slant head is a fairly shallow slant razor head design but because of its twist on base plate it sits something like this of a flat surface.
( The picture is not the clearest photo because I had some issues with my Phone camera lately but it shows the compactness.)
Yaqi comparrison to other razors i enjoy..jpg

Have some great shaves!

A quick question about the top cap threading, looking at handles I see different thread pitches. I assume this is the M5x0.8 common threading of Edwin Jagger, Muhle, and others.

Ron R

A quick question about the top cap threading, looking at handles I see different thread pitches. I assume this is the M5x0.8 common threading of Edwin Jagger, Muhle, and others.
Correct you are, on most razor handles M5 Diameter X .8mm pitch of thread. There is some modern manufactures that put different threads on their razors to this day a few that come to mind are Fatip and Karve razors and I do not know sizes off hand.

Correct you are, on most razor handles M5 Diameter X .8mm pitch of thread. There is some modern manufactures that put different threads on their razors to this day a few that come to mind are Fatip and Karve razors and I do not know sizes off hand.
Yes, my Fatip is M4.5x0.75 so, factory handles are the only option that isn't relatively expensive. That's why I wanted to confirm I wasn't going to have handle problems with this razor head.

Ron R

MMMonday + Daily double, February 27th 2023. Testing 4th shave of 4 consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant razor head.

Razor: (L) Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA=MMFW, MMBT, guiding eye....)-Mfg 1947-50, Tame mid range, a well built & designed razor and the heaviest of the 3 Micromatic variants. Very easy going shave this morning with excellent results.(have used this razor a lot over the years and thought it was a good choice for comparing similarities to my new Yaqi slant for shaving results).
Razor: (R) Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head (NEW Head design)with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle-Mfg Jan 2023>, mild to tame mid range with excellent efficentcy, well designed and accurate CNC QC with adequate finish for most of my personal shaving needs. It is a compact slant compared to other slants in the market. I decided to use different blades while testing and the Perma-sharp was next of 3 blades to be tested. The shave was stellar with a new blade and mostly carefree shaving experience this morning.
As for the Chippendale handle I'm adjusting to using it(different hand feel ) and really enjoy using it ATG pass( very comfortable) in the hand IMO. Very attractive handle and hard to Manufacture IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Blade : Gillette Perm-sharp (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, DE top tier blade for balanced performance shaving needs.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities, makes excellent ubber lather with other soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : (L)- CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: had a excellent shave with my MMBT with a Gem coated blade on (7) uses.
Results : (R)- CCS,DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:had a excellent shave with my Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle with a Gillette Perma sharp blade (1) use. The Yaqi SLOPE slant slightly out performed the MMFW maybe because of the # of uses (7) on the GEM blade possibly. Both excellent blades. I like to do a feel test after 2 passes with no pickups yet to compare efficentcy of the two razors when comparing. The MMFW had a little more stubble feel under the chin area but the rest was similar on cheeks.
6SOTD Feburary 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

MMMonday + Daily double, February 27th 2023. Testing 4th shave of 4 consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant razor head.

Razor: (L) Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA=MMFW, MMBT, guiding eye....)-Mfg 1947-50, Tame mid range, a well built & designed razor and the heaviest of the 3 Micromatic variants. Very easy going shave this morning with excellent results.(have used this razor a lot over the years and thought it was a good choice for comparing similarities to my new Yaqi slant for shaving results).
Razor: (R) Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head (NEW Head design)with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle-Mfg Jan 2023>, mild to tame mid range with excellent efficentcy, well designed and accurate CNC QC with adequate finish for most of my personal shaving needs. It is a compact slant compared to other slants in the market. I decided to use different blades while testing and the Perma-sharp was next of 3 blades to be tested. The shave was stellar with a new blade and mostly carefree shaving experience this morning.
As for the Chippendale handle I'm adjusting to using it(different hand feel ) and really enjoy using it ATG pass( very comfortable) in the hand IMO. Very attractive handle and hard to Manufacture IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Blade : Gillette Perm-sharp (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, DE top tier blade for balanced performance shaving needs.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities, makes excellent ubber lather with other soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : (L)- CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: had a excellent shave with my MMBT with a Gem coated blade on (7) uses.
Results : (R)- CCS,DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:had a excellent shave with my Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant head with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle with a Gillette Perma sharp blade (1) use. The Yaqi SLOPE slant slightly out performed the MMFW maybe because of the # of uses (7) on the GEM blade possibly. Both excellent blades. I like to do a feel test after 2 passes with no pickups yet to compare efficentcy of the two razors when comparing. The MMFW had a little more stubble feel under the chin area but the rest was similar on cheeks.
View attachment 1612883
Have some great shaves!
Very nice Ron! I am almost tempted to get one as I love an affordable slant and this sounded really nice as compared to the first Yaqi Slant...no more LIVE shows it seems...

Ron R

Thanks @Chard52142, Yaqi must of wanted a slant that is more user friendly for folks who just want a more relaxing carefree shave I'm thinking. This Yaqi SLOPE slant meets that goal IMO and is affordable for a 316 Stainless steel slant.
I do like it a lot and it shaves totally different than the Yaqi High aggression slant another Yaqi slant model that other folks really enjoy with lots of blade feel from my experiences using it.
There seems to be a slant razor for some one preferences out there now a days!
Have a great day!

Thanks @Chard52142, Yaqi must of wanted a slant that is more user friendly for folks who just want a more relaxing carefree shave I'm thinking. This Yaqi SLOPE slant meets that goal IMO and is affordable for a 316 Stainless steel slant.

I surrender!

Yaqi SLOPE 316 Slant Safety Razor Head due to arrive at the end of March per Aliexpress. My razor stand took a solid 4 weeks and the razor travel case was similar so, that's probably a reasonable estimate at the moment.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, February 28th 2023, Day #5 of 5 consecutive daily shaves testing the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant with the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking 316 polished handle- Mfg Jan 2023>, well built and design is kind of different with the "SLOPE" safety bar instead of the traditional distorted base plates for a torsion type slant. The machining is accurate with finish adequate for my shaving needs. Any sharp corner edges I slightly blunted with a hone stone with care(that is up to operator desecration preferences) By making the sloped safety bar Yaqi has made a unique compact slant razor IMO. There is a way for blade feel enthusiasts who like the blade edge feel or blade exposure more is use a Kai SS blade that is extra wide and it will drive the aggression and efficentcy up a notch usually. I'm enjoying this slant shave this morning with the Kai SS blade blade. The razor blade combination gave me a stellar dolphin smooth BBS shave this morning and with mostly a carefree shave. (cotton ball snag tested to confirm BBS if wondering :001_rolle).
The Yaqi SLOPE slant is indicating to myself it has the potential for a nice daily driver with a regular sharp Standard blade if curious for that information and if a person desires a little more blade feel go to the Kai SS blade I'm thinking.
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.jpg
Blade : Kai SS (4) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity from my experiences. Extra wider than a standard Gillette Astra SP blade by 9/1000 of a inch or .0045 inches per side. Great for folks who want a little more blade exposure or blade feel.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier soap, very nice tangy sharp scent (Aramis classic scent?)with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master Soap creations S.A. to help bring their line of soap and fragrances to market.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm High mountain silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Musk scent (Aramis?)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade. To confirm a BBS shave sometimes I will use a cotton ball to see if it snags any where is another way instead of just a feel test for conformation, everyone's skin is different from age of person to texture of neck skin area also.

SOTD Feburary 28 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Tuesday, February 28th 2023, Day #5 of 5 consecutive daily shaves testing the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS slant with the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking 316 polished handle- Mfg Jan 2023>, well built and design is kind of different with the "SLOPE" safety bar instead of the traditional distorted base plates for a torsion type slant. The machining is accurate with finish adequate for my shaving needs. Any sharp corner edges I slightly blunted with a hone stone with care(that is up to operator desecration preferences) By making the sloped safety bar Yaqi has made a unique compact slant razor IMO. There is a way for blade feel enthusiasts who like the blade edge feel or blade exposure more is use a Kai SS blade that is extra wide and it will drive the aggression and efficentcy up a notch usually. I'm enjoying this slant shave this morning with the Kai SS blade blade. The razor blade combination gave me a stellar dolphin smooth BBS shave this morning and with mostly a carefree shave. (cotton ball snag tested to confirm BBS if wondering :001_rolle).
The Yaqi SLOPE slant is indicating to myself it has the potential for a nice daily driver with a regular sharp Standard blade if curious for that information and if a person desires a little more blade feel go to the Kai SS blade I'm thinking.
View attachment 1613375
Blade : Kai SS (4) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity from my experiences. Extra wider than a standard Gillette Astra SP blade by 9/1000 of a inch or .0045 inches per side. Great for folks who want a little more blade exposure or blade feel.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier soap, very nice tangy sharp scent (Aramis classic scent?)with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master Soap creations S.A. to help bring their line of soap and fragrances to market.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm High mountain silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Musk scent (Aramis?)+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade. To confirm a BBS shave sometimes I will use a cotton ball to see if it snags any where is another way instead of just a feel test for conformation, everyone's skin is different from age of person to texture of neck skin area also.

View attachment 1613377

Have some great shaves!
Nice reviews, Ron! Thanks!

How would you compare this Slant to the Razorock German 37 Slant, as far as blade feel and efficiency is concerned?

Thanks in advance for your feedback 😀

Cheers,
Guido

Adding to that, how about just blade feel in general? How much/little is there? I'm not a huge blade feel fan at the moment, so wondering if this is an option for me to try.

Ron R

Nice reviews, Ron! Thanks!

How would you compare this Slant to the Razorock German 37 Slant, as far as blade feel and efficiency is concerned?

Thanks in advance for your feedback 😀

Cheers,
Guido
I'm was just thinking where I would place the two so their with in reasonble reference, I will get one of my old chart efficentcy to aggression chart out to where I would place the Yaqi SLOPE slant only it on the scale so others can make judgement.
As for the RR German 37 slant I will say it slightly more aggressive for blade feel and efficenty similar using a standard Gillette blade. You can manipulate the aggression & efficentcy to suit your desired outcome a little with the Kai SS blade.

Ron R

Yaqi SLOPE 316 stainless steel slant razor head reference photo chart, torsion type slant!
I just got done a reasonable accuracy reference chart for folks who might ask this question over time.
It is my personal experience reference that should help folks kind of get a idea where Yaqi SLOPE slant sits for efficentcy & aggression levels I felt shaving by comparing it to lots of other razors I have used.
Mild to tame mid range with a standard Gillette blade and the KAI SS blade is wider than a standard Gillette blade by 9/1000 of inch or .0045 inches per side of a DE razor so it will give a nice boost if used for a person who likes a more mid range blade feel.
I have one more shave with the Kai SS blade in this razor tomorrow but it will be similar placing because I have used that blade a lot over the last 2 years in certain razors and enjoy the performance it offers, Kai SS blade sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity!

(Old photo chart that I use off & on for different razors I have bought over the last 6 years, it is just great for showing a reference spot instead of using words to try and explain which is not always best way of communicating).

Yaqi #1 SLOPE SLANT, Camera photo 2..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Wednesday, March 1st 2023, Day#6 of 6 consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS Slant razor + testing concluded as of today!

Razor : Yaqi"SLOPE" 316stainless steel Slant> Torsion type with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle, Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on technique and blades used.
Well designed for compactness with good machining QC and finish is adequate for my shaving needs. I did stone hone a few corner edges with some care used(user discretion for preferences) . This slant razor works excellent with the "SLOPE" safety bar paired with a KAI SS extra wide blade for my desired result out comes. The efficentcy + just the right amount of aggression hit my desired standard preferences for a excellent performing razor very easily and just a joy to use with no drama .
My shaved beard area showed no irritation over the 6 consecutive daily shaves other than a 1 minimal sheared blemish weeper and that is excellent for what I like in a good razor + great performance is my conclusion.
As for the Yaqi Chippendale handle it works great after a few shaves to get use to it + just eye candy for myself to look at. Best comfort configuration for the Chippendale handle is as shown in photo for myself and you might need a thin nylon shim to get that desired handle positioning you feel comfortable with( user discretion for his or her preference positioning)!
Blade : Kai SS extra wide, sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity. One of my favorite blades and works excellent on certain razors for slightly blade feel if that is what a person desires!
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice tangy sharp interesting scent(classic Aramis?) with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi Commissioned Master soap creations S.Africa to bring Yaqi's line of soaps and fragrances forward. Very enjoyable soap to use.
Brush : Yaqi "Casino clubs" 26mm timber wolf knot synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer aftershave shave(Aramis?) & a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE SS slant with with a Kai SS extra wide blade. Wet dolphin skin velvet smooth BBS shave today, some days you get those great shaves!
SOTD March 1st 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
I have the DLC-Yagi Open Comb Slant Head. Just had my second shave using Shave Nation oil and a several shaves worn Feather.

Am I right to assume that the Slope head is more mild than the OC offering?

Top Bottom