What's new

Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 stainless steel slant razor head."Torsion Type"

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have used the Personna red blades in other razors with good results, Feathers are sharpest blades but longevity not a good as other blades.
The slope is a forgiving design slant and a Feather might work well if you have a tuck of them to test. The Personna labs are very sharp also according to other folks but can be pricey for 100pcs like the Kai SS blades .
What is wrong with Kai SS extra wide blades you do not want use for some reason? I will always have a tuck or 2 of them for my shaving needs.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Friday March 1st 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 SS torsional type with a coated chrome matte Yaqi brass handle- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blades used, Yaqi uses a sloped safety bar to keep a similar blade gap under torsion to Mfg a unique torsional slant that is very rare to find IMO. Had a comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Kai extra wide (10), sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Top tier blade in my collection.
Soap : Razorock Blue barber, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : YAQI "Moka express" 26 mm Husky knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush to use for its size + not a lather hog.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 blemish weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 razor with Kai SS wide blade.
SOTD March 1st 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday, March 9th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant DE Razor with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range. Excellent machining with great finish QC for my shaving . I usually use a Kai SS blade but this morning changed it up with a fresh Gillette Perma-sharp blade. This is a great daily driver with a standard Gillette blade IMO with comfort and performance. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(1) sharp and smoooth with great longevity. Top tier of 6 in my shave den.
Soap : Martin De Candre original sample, mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities! First use of this soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka express" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :
Dial 10 stellar.jpg
or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant razor with a Perma-sharp blade. Very rewarding shave with no issues, does not get much better a shave than this to start the day off.
SOTD March 9 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

FWIW, the Yaqi is milder in terms of blade feel than the SuperSlant L2 SB.
Good to know that. I really enjoy this Slope slant 316 SS razor head, I should use it more often but I have some other razors I enjoy just as much.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 SS torsional type with a coated chrome matte Yaqi brass handle- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blades used, Yaqi uses a sloped safety bar to keep a similar blade gap under torsion to Mfg a unique torsional slant that is very rare to find IMO. Had a comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock Super Stainless(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX regular, nice unique clean cologne scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. One of my favorites & got me more interested in 26mm synthetics years ago.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Gillette 7oClock Super stainless blade.
SOTD March 19 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom