What's new

Yaqi Slant woes

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May10 2022

Razor : Yaqi slant, Mfg 2019> This razor has that jaws look and looks a aggressive and it is, a seasoned technique and with a steep angle and short handle I like to use when riding the bar when using this shaving angle method .
The razor likes a gentle touch with good placement and it just works wonderfully IMO. This razor is for those fellows who enjoy blade feel and it will not disappoint. The 1st shave with it was fairly smooth with no issues at all. Good challenge for myself, I placed a shim underneath also to support blade better for any chatter and I guess it adds a little more aggression in theory. Not a daily driver for most folks IMO. Newbies might want to avoid using this razor until their technique has matured IMO.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. (discontinued :blue:)
Brush : Yaqi 22 mm 2 band badger Sagrada Familia, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice scrub, excellent lather painter. This little brush is just a joy to use and not a lather hog at all + one of my favorites.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Alum test showed minor stinging + Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my 1st use Yaqi Slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP. You can not get a closer shave using this razor blade combination even with a shavette with a naked blade possibly IMO.
SOTD May 10,1 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I posted this information on another thread and thought it to be of interest to folks who like some blade feel when shaving.
I used my USB microscope to take a reasonable picture the best of the Yaqi slant so I could to give viewers some information. I like to ride the safety bar(steep angle) on these aggressive razors with a short handle (2 3/4" inches) works well for myself.
Yaqi slant head.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom