What's new

Yaqi Razors review

what are the best yaqi razors so far ?

Would depend on the level of aggression you're looking for. I obviously haven't tried all of them, but the DOC is a very nice, moderately mild razor, whereas the razors I reviewed here were more in the moderate range, and also were nice.

Oof, I'm certainly not an absolute authority on these things. The first one, in my opinion, is slightly more aggressive than the EJ 89 or Merkur 33/34C, but not by a ton. And your skin could be totally different than mine, and could perceive it completely differently, so take that with a grain of salt.

In regards to the second head, I personally have not used it, but other reviewers have said that it's very, very aggressive. Hopefully one here sees this and can let you know how it compares to the R41.

In regards to the baseplates, I zoomed in and they do seem to be different, though very slightly, in the scalloping. But if you have to know for sure, it would definitely be best to just contact Yaqi directly. Their customer service has always been great for me!

Oof, I'm certainly not an absolute authority on these things. The first one, in my opinion, is slightly more aggressive than the EJ 89 or Merkur 33/34C, but not by a ton. And your skin could be totally different than mine, and could perceive it completely differently, so take that with a grain of salt.

In regards to the second head, I personally have not used it, but other reviewers have said that it's very, very aggressive. Hopefully one here sees this and can let you know how it compares to the R41.

In regards to the baseplates, I zoomed in and they do seem to be different, though very slightly, in the scalloping. But if you have to know for sure, it would definitely be best to just contact Yaqi directly. Their customer service has always been great for me!
I returned the Beast. Imagine holding a razor blade with only your fingers and shaving with it. That's how it felt to me.

My Daqi SLOC DOC came in....I tried putting it on my Tech handle only goes a few turns so no go. Thought for sure it would thread all the way down.

Any alternatives other than getting a Yaqi handle?

I do know Yaqi does contract out as a OEM for other companies, but you'd have to ask them whether or not they do so for Parker, I don't work for them so I don't know.

My Daqi SLOC DOC came in....I tried putting it on my Tech handle only goes a few turns so no go. Thought for sure it would thread all the way down.

Any alternatives other than getting a Yaqi handle?
Huh, I was under the impression that the heads were more or less interchangeable on different handles. I haven't tried to put the heads on other handles though. I don't have a tech, but once I get home from work, I'll try to put the Yaqi head on some other razor handles I've got and will report back. If someone else knows in the meantime, their input would be appreciated!

Got the Yaqi Mercury Chrome razor head (which fits on a Lord handle) and the first thought I had was, "Somebody did their homework!"
A great 24hr razor; I'm putting it in my rotation with the Baili Rose Gold 3-piece and Q-Shave (Mingshi 2000S).

Top Bottom