What's new

Yaqi rainbow brush

Thinking of getting one but not sure on this as its horse hair...is it any good?

Attachments

• 956BD73A-9A2A-420D-A2AA-E1C45D620573.jpeg
    956BD73A-9A2A-420D-A2AA-E1C45D620573.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 20
It's a very nice synthetic brush...my top favorite!
Very good for face or bowl lathering. Soft but with enough backbone...for me at least.
20201022_100452.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You will be a happy person with the Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers synthetic 26 mm brush, I know I am. If you have big hands you will more than likely love using the brush. Nice scrub with cloud like soft tips.

Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 25th,2020

Razor: Stick Schick injector theme L series- Mfg 1973, I enjoy the theme L series. Can bring back memory's of better times.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (1), Very sharp and will smooth out over time and predictable very cost effective also.
Soap: Nivea sensitive cream- good lather qualities. I like to use when I have remnants of other soaps in the lathering bowl.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown synthetic whiskers, a Very nice lather creator with those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand cleanser bar + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Schick stick injector.

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 25th 2020.jpg
Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm brush (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I've got one. It's a very good brush, probably my most used synth.

I'd recommend waiting a few weeks when it'll be on sale.

This my favourite synthetic brush from yaqi, softness of a mew brown knot with the backbone of a tuxedo knot.. awesome brush

Think I like the rainbow knot as well and maybe better than my aqua tux not in the looks department, but the aqua tuxedo beats the rainbow in backbone by a fairly large amount. I like them both.

For me, this is one of the best Yaqi brushes. It looks great, has enough backbone to load soaps of all kinds and is pillowy soft on the face.

Did I mention that it looks great?

It's a synthetic meant to imitate horse from what I remember. It is a bit more different from other synthetics, but not drastically so.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7E555904-515D-4589-962D-3D2AE2F55AB8.jpeg
FFBCBCAC-E0EF-41D6-88FB-15029310D3CD.jpeg

The Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair is one of my favourite Synthetic brushes. I was not sure what to expect when I purchased mine. I got it secondhand off eBay and was very surprised by the brush.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday SE Shave, July 9th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC with a Yaqi Milano 316 SS Polished- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple blade clamping and machining and finish are great for my shaving needs. This little razor head is just perfect for my shaving needs 95% + of the time and it will be in my den for a long time and I have some back ups also I bought on sale months ago on the cheap. Small head parts makes me want to assemble over a wash cloth & seems to work the best. Had a stellar shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Schick Proline - sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice rejuvenating interesting clean scented with excellent lather qualities. Hard to beat this soap for quality lather IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish countryside splash:thumbup: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545 1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent stellar shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC with a Schick proline coated blade. Good combination of razor + blade equals great results.
Brush Collage July 9 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom