What's new

Yaqi Mercury Head

Tried the Yaqi Mercury today for the first time. I like the aesthetic (although the gap looks a little intimidating the first time!), although the blade clamping is . . . okay. Blade rigidity is better than a standard EJ de89 head, but it definitely isn't a razor that clamps near the edge with a lot of blade rigidity.

The shave: significant audio feedback, quite friendly, generally efficient. No other issues.

Overall, I like it and will keep using it sometimes; 4/5 overall. If I could change the design, I'd definitely up the blade rigidity and have it clamp near the edge.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, October 21st 2023

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor head with a RR UFO 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2022>, mild range. Very well thought out head with a built in angle sweet spot. Great for a person learning or seasoned shaver with sensitive skin + also affordable . Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Nacet(2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade of my top 6.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" Very nice scented natural scent(Lacoste essential green) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle brush, Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. This brush handle caught my eye and it lathers great and handle fits good in my hand.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" :001_wub: splash(Lacoste essential green, similarity) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor head with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD October 21 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday, November 11th 2023
[IMG]
Remembrance day for the fallen!

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a RR UFO handle- Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range. Simple head design that is accurately manufactured when shaving both sides of head when turned 180 degrees(feels accurate). Chrome Finish is outstanding for a Zamak chromed head IMO. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7 oClock SP, sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade of my top 6 favorites.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly pillow soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter. One of my better 3band silvertip brush I have concluded.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a Black 7oClock SP.
SOTD November 11 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Maybe I'm just getting confused or can't find the topic in the forum where it's discussed so I'm asking directly.

Is the Yaqi Mercury head which is said to be very smooth and gentle on the face,suitable for this for beginners the same as Yaqi Chrome?
I've also searched on Youtube and there are videos of Yaqi Chrome looks like the same Yaqi Mercury.

Are they the same cartridge or are there some differences between them?
Perhaps only the razor construction materials change?

Last edited:

Ron R

Is the Yaqi Mercury head which is said to be very smooth and gentle on the face,suitable for this for beginners the same as Yaqi Chrome?
I find it not overly aggressive, more like a tame mid range. Yaqi claims it is a beginners razor when I bought mine. It is a nice razor head IMO and works for myself. It is not expensive and is worth the money I spent on it.

Top Bottom