What's new

Yaqi Marpat - anyone got one?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for working info! (If it ever actually comes)

It gives me bragging rights with my neighbors ...

"Yeah, my box from Wuhan just got here. Badger shave brush."

Nervous woman next door: "Made from an animal's FACE!?! That disease CAME from animals!"

Toss it to her. "Ain't it a beaut?"

AA

No invites to your neighbor's BBQ for you this year. ;) ;)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yaqi Marpat brush, with two heads, arrives!

full

How cool is this?! First let me say, great; no, perfect; ergos. Small and heavier than plastic handle feels absolutely great! Fingers flow right over it ...

full

Looks a lot like my Maggard two-band badger, which I really like.

Handle is metal, not sure yet which. The paint/coating of Marine pattern (MARPAT) may scratch or skin off some day, have to watch. If it does, its just an opportunity to coat it with something else easily. The head unscrews!

The loft on the cashmere synthetic is unusual, bit higher. I have 4-5 other Yaqis and use them! 26mm Mysterious Space, 24mm Moka, 24mm black marble, and a few others.

full

Yes, it's wet. Got hosed down outside with gloves on.

Enough media mania about this virus. I feel vaguely guilty about washing it down. Let's pray for these folks; we are all brothers after all.

If you don't believe what affects one affects us all, a real virus might teach us one day.

AA

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I like it!

APShaveCo has a similar design they call the uBrush.

The "Mysterious Space" handle haha, what a name. My Silvertip is a 'Mysterious Space' handled brush.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like it!

APShaveCo has a similar design they call the uBrush.

The "Mysterious Space" handle haha, what a name. My Silvertip is a 'Mysterious Space' handled brush.

I don't care for uBrush, but there's about six others there I want to order! Seems like a great company!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, I lowered my surgical mask and sniffed that choice badger ... Sure enough, it had the funk!

I have fixed this before! Just let soap dry on it once or twice.

Coated it with La Toja Magno shampoo, I use it daily and absolutely love the scent of Magno.

First shave tomorrow! Can't decide which brush! The brush bases are also metal, BTW.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That's a pretty neat looking brush. The black & white bristles actually match well with the MARPAT handle! :thumbup1:

According to the Yaqi store listing on AliExpress, the handle is made of aluminum.

After a great first (badger) shave, a neat side note: the solid metal handle retains heat! Personally I think a hot lather bowl, razor and brush adds something. I have a metal Zenith boar, but it's hollow/doesn't retain any heat. Anyways. Great finger ergonomics and loving this brush!

AA

Glad to hear that the badger insert worked well. Yaqi's two-band badger knots are known for their great face-feel.

Let us know how it goes with the synthetic insert. In one of @nav's reviews, he mentions that it's similar to a Cashmere/Angel Hair knot. I have a couple of Angel Hair brushes and I'm really impressed with their performance.

Glad to hear that the badger insert worked well. Yaqi's two-band badger knots are known for their great face-feel.

Let us know how it goes with the synthetic insert. In one of @nav's reviews, he mentions that it's similar to a Cashmere/Angel Hair knot. I have a couple of Angel Hair brushes and I'm really impressed with their performance.

Yup, I found the synthetic knot to behave just like the cashmere.

Very little backbone but very soft and luxurious!

The badger knot on the marpat is exceptional! Such a nice face feel. It's a good, dense scrub that is very satisfying after the first few uses, as the tips soften up to give that comfortable scrub.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yup, I found the synthetic knot to behave just like the cashmere.

Very little backbone but very soft and luxurious!

The badger knot on the marpat is exceptional! Such a nice face feel. It's a good, dense scrub that is very satisfying after the first few uses, as the tips soften up to give that comfortable scrub.

Just used the synthetic knot; agree it's great! Guessing 22mm?

This is just a fun brush! Feel in hand : Unlike any other.

Since I was shooting for a change of pace, very pleased.

(cough, cough) :chinese: :devil:

AA :cornut:

Just used the synthetic knot; agree it's great! Guessing 22mm?

This is just a fun brush! Feel in hand : Unlike any other.

Since I was shooting for a change of pace, very pleased.

(cough, cough) :chinese: :devil:

AA :cornut:

From memory, both the badger and synthetic knots are 24mm.

I also have the Yaqi short metal handle two band. Same shape as the marpat and same great two band knot...just not interchangeable.

Top Bottom