What's new

Yaqi Marpat - anyone got one?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Checking on this order, my first from Ali ...

"To be shipped" and a countdown clock showed at first ... With 14 days on it, counting down. All right. Its not A_Z. :bored:

Checked yesterday, since it's been a while. Now counting down from 18 days! It went up! :ohmy:

I know I had the good luck to order just as a deadly epidemic broke out. And a shave brush is pretty unimportant on this scale. We'll just have to wait and see.

AA :underbus:

"To be shipped" and a countdown clock showed at first ... With 14 days on it, counting down. All right. Its not A_Z. :bored:

Checked yesterday, since it's been a while. Now counting down from 18 days! It went up! :ohmy:
I have 2 orders at the moment. 1 should be shipped within 3 days, the other within 5 days. Ordered 21 and 24 januari, now the site says for both "Will be shipped in 17 days 1 hour 32 minutes"

I know I had the good luck to order just as a deadly epidemic broke out. And a shave brush is pretty unimportant on this scale. We'll just have to wait and see.

AA :underbus:
I have 2 orders at the moment. 1 should be shipped within 3 days, the other within 5 days. Ordered 21 and 24 januari, now the site says for both "Will be shipped in 17 days 1 hour 32 minutes"

Not to be the bearer of bad news but anything shipping from China is on hold as they are shut down due to the annual New Year celebration which started on Jan 25th and will end on Feb 20th so you won't see anything shipped until Feb 21st at best...

Ok, in that case it would be better if they mentioned it on the site when placing orders
I always thought it was just common knowledge in the past as every year its mentioned in the main stream news here in the US when it starts so I just thought most people knew about it. Its also mentioned in some forum posts on occasion too that I've seen...

I'm from the netherlands ;) Besides that it's only lately that I order some stuff from Aliexpress. But I keep it in mind for next year.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
On the BRIGHT side, I just got notification my Yaqi brush has shipped from China!

On the DOWN side, I just got notification my Yaqi brush has shipped from China!

Where is that can of Lysol!?

AA :chinese: :cheerful: :sad:

On the BRIGHT side, I just got notification my Yaqi brush has shipped from China!

On the DOWN side, I just got notification my Yaqi brush has shipped from China!

Where is that can of Lysol!?

AA :chinese: :cheerful: :sad:

They say it's a shave to die for.

Thanks for sharing, hadn't seen this one before. Very unique looking knot.

full

full

full

full

full

full

A la orden!

AA
Very interesting.
The first thing to come to mind when I saw the two tone knot was skunk hair.
I like the concept of being able to swap out the knots!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Very interesting.
The first thing to come to mind when I saw the two tone knot was skunk hair.
I like the concept of being able to swap out the knots!

I will post pix, before the coronavirus gets me! :devil: :tongue_sm

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I may, MAY, get this way-cool-and-infectiously-dangerous brush today or tomorrow.

At least tracking indicated it was in my state yesterday.

Gloves, check. Lysol, check.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I was informed in another thread that COVID-19 requires a living host. So, unless the MARPAT comes with a (probably extremely angry) badger still attached to it, then your usual brush-cleaning routine should be good enough! :biggrin1:

Thanks for working info! (If it ever actually comes)

It gives me bragging rights with my neighbors ...

"Yeah, my box from Wuhan just got here. Badger shave brush."

Nervous woman next door: "Made from an animal's FACE!?! That disease CAME from animals!"

Toss it to her. "Ain't it a beaut?"

AA

• Haha
Reactions: abj
I was informed in another thread that COVID-19 requires a living host. So, unless the MARPAT comes with a (probably extremely angry) badger still attached to it, then your usual brush-cleaning routine should be good enough! :biggrin1:
Thanks for working info! (If it ever actually comes)

It gives me bragging rights with my neighbors ...

"Yeah, my box from Wuhan just got here. Badger shave brush."

Nervous woman next door: "Made from an animal's FACE!?! That disease CAME from animals!"

Toss it to her. "Ain't it a beaut?"

AA

Well, sort of. To elaborate a little, viruses have markedly varying levels of environmental stability. There’s not a lot of data about this new guy, but some can be somewhat stable given the right environmental conditions. Other coronaviruses like SARS can show survival of a few hours on surfaces or up to a week in ideal conditions. Compare that to influenza which usually can’t hack it more than 24-48 hours on a surface. Assuming that brush has been boxed up and traveling for more than a week anyway though, so I would think it would be okay even if it had been exposed to someone ill (which is a big if). Direct contact with infected people/spaces is the much more likely scenario that’ll get ya. Throw away the packaging, wash the brush, wash your hands, should be fine.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, sort of. To elaborate a little, viruses have markedly varying levels of environmental stability. There’s not a lot of data about this new guy, but some can be somewhat stable given the right environmental conditions. Other coronaviruses like SARS can show survival of a few hours on surfaces or up to a week in ideal conditions. Compare that to influenza which usually can’t hack it more than 24-48 hours on a surface. Assuming that brush has been boxed up and traveling for more than a week anyway though, so I would think it would be okay even if it had been exposed to someone ill (which is a big if). Direct contact with infected people/spaces is the much more likely scenario that’ll get ya. Throw away the packaging, wash the brush, wash your hands, should be fine.

Thanks. Should be here tomorrow... Will follow this protocol.

AA

Top Bottom