What's new

Yaqi “Knight Helmet” razor head

Knights
It’s from this seller on EBay. He makes some beautiful handles.

Cheers
John
They should call that the Knights Templar Razor with the head at hand.

It’s from this seller on EBay. He makes some beautiful handles.

Cheers
John

+1 on this seller. He did perfect custom dimensions for me on two of his handle designs.

I ordered two heads from Aliexpress Knight Helmet and Slant. Living dangerously.
The slant is very aggressive IMO. I get great shaves, but it's best used when I have a couple day's growth. The last time I drew blood was using the Yaqi slant.

I have the slant and it is very smooth and very efficient. I find long strokes work best for me. I ordered direct and took about three weeks. Rinses out very nice as well. The Knights Helmet sounds very interesting.

One of my favorite aggressive heads. Surprisingly smooth. Nice finish. Easy to rinse. Goes through 12 days stubble like a hot knife through butter.

Has anyone experimented with the top cap in another razor and/or the baseplate with a more curved top cap for, maybe, less blade exposure?

I did, but I didn't back up my shave buddy all before switching phoneu, so what I used is lost. I'm not a fan of the cap or razor as a whole

I am a newb to DE razors, Own a wwii service contract tech And piccolo fatip(both heads). What is the advantage to this one? I’m loving the way this looks but want to know design purpose. Feel free to school me.

Hello,

Mine arrived yesterday and I was able to use it this morning.

Inspection prior to using went great. No flaws in fit or finish detected and blade lined up fine. I used a Russian titanium handle.

Blade used was a Astra SP, Gillette Pure cream and Omega 10098 boar brush.
Shave was a head, face shower shave with about two days growth. Shave was two pass, XTG and ATG.

The razor was easy to get used too. Some take a few shaves to get comfortable with. This one found its mark easy.
Lots of blade feel but smooth. Would initially compare to ATT H1, Karve “G” or R41. Closest match would be Karve.

Face shave results were perfect. No weepers or irritation. Extremely close shave.
Head shave was surprising. My hair pattern on head has a few swirled spots which are hard to get BBS without buffing using just about any razor. This time the hair lost the joust with the Knight. Very surprising. Extremely close shave with no burn. No blade chatter was felt. By the way this razor rinses like a dream.

Note to others who shave head. Being winter I wear a knit hat a lot. Sometimes micro bumps develop. The razor took care of that. Needless to say aftershave was extra refreshing!!

I need more shaves with different blades to get a fair evaluation. Initial results were extremely promising. This is a very, very efficient razor with tons of blade feel but still surprisingly smooth. Can’t wait to try top cap on other razors.
Yaqi continues to impress me with their razors. For the price you can’t go wrong. I will probably get a few more for spares. This razor head can go blade to blade with some pretty pricey razors. YMMV as always. Eye candy below.

Cheers
John
View attachment 1049611View attachment 1049612View attachment 1049613View attachment 1049614
Beautiful handle!

Top Bottom