What's new

Yaqi “Knight Helmet” razor head

Hello

Has anyone purchased this new head yet? Claims to be R41 level efficiency via some reviews. Interesting design. For $8 USD might be under my Christmas tree.

Here is link and photos.

Cheers
John
85976A58-BCFD-417A-927F-CA9BBD4C553A.jpeg
50D383E3-5DA7-4F60-AE1E-FA4D2EB7F180.jpeg
99A3E283-536B-492D-896A-7556883BA494.jpeg

Let us know how it shaves (PLEASE)!
Hello

Just ordered one nickel finish head. Must say I have been very satisfied with every Yaqi head I received. Hope this one is the same.
Usually takes about 2 weeks to get here (East Coast US). Will post review after first shave.

Cheers
John

Damn it guys....
I know it’s not your fault but this doesn’t help me with my addiction.
BTW it should be here after Christmas along with the Nickle Color Safety Razor With Flipside head.

I had 2 of these sent to me a week ago, the nickel plated & the matte chrome, haven't shaved with them as yet, the head reminds me of certain vintage razors, i probably will try it out on Saturday.

I finally got around to trying the Yaqi Helmet heads that my friend sent me. The finish of the heads are immaculate, visually they look cool, the nickel plated one looks awesome.

I had 3 days growth to shave.

There is a lot of blade feel, ALOT! a little too uncomfortable for me having sensitive skin, I wouldn't use this all the time although it is very efficient. With the grain pass you feel the blade more than going across or against the grain. Part of my face i used a steep angle & on my neck shallow, the angle wasn't hard to find, I got 1 tiny nick on my moustache area it turned red around that spot too, possibly the most uncomfortable shave i had in a very long time not only due to the blade feel but me having to concentrate more making it a unpleasant experience, my face was almost BBS baring the area on my adams apple, the nick healed after a cold splash & the redness disappeared 15-20mins later.

Those who like aggressive razors will love it, interchanging different plates would be fun for some. But for me it wasn't comfortable whilst shaving, I can get more comfortable shaves with my mild to mid-aggressive razors so i will only use this for the times i let my beard grow out for a week or more.
20191220_024438.jpg

Nickel left ^ Matt chrome right
20191222_220057.jpg

20191222_232432.jpg

20191222_215949.jpg

Holy cow, that razor looks hungry! I’m tempted. Thanks for your review.

:laugh: I shave more calmly with my shavette's I was fully focused incase it took a bite out of me! The excessive blade feel is what makes it uncomfortable for me, but the quality of the shave itself was top notch, I prefer the Fatip MK1 over this as it is smooth & comfortable, I'm sure many will love the aggressive nature of this razor those who like to live on the edge.

Your welcome.

Hello,

Mine arrived yesterday and I was able to use it this morning.

Inspection prior to using went great. No flaws in fit or finish detected and blade lined up fine. I used a Russian titanium handle.

Blade used was a Astra SP, Gillette Pure cream and Omega 10098 boar brush.
Shave was a head, face shower shave with about two days growth. Shave was two pass, XTG and ATG.

The razor was easy to get used too. Some take a few shaves to get comfortable with. This one found its mark easy.
Lots of blade feel but smooth. Would initially compare to ATT H1, Karve “G” or R41. Closest match would be Karve.

Face shave results were perfect. No weepers or irritation. Extremely close shave.
Head shave was surprising. My hair pattern on head has a few swirled spots which are hard to get BBS without buffing using just about any razor. This time the hair lost the joust with the Knight. Very surprising. Extremely close shave with no burn. No blade chatter was felt. By the way this razor rinses like a dream.

Note to others who shave head. Being winter I wear a knit hat a lot. Sometimes micro bumps develop. The razor took care of that. Needless to say aftershave was extra refreshing!!

I need more shaves with different blades to get a fair evaluation. Initial results were extremely promising. This is a very, very efficient razor with tons of blade feel but still surprisingly smooth. Can’t wait to try top cap on other razors.
Yaqi continues to impress me with their razors. For the price you can’t go wrong. I will probably get a few more for spares. This razor head can go blade to blade with some pretty pricey razors. YMMV as always. Eye candy below.

Cheers
John
F5991F20-2BF9-4691-ADEC-5CF43037967A.jpeg
2679AE5D-4BFA-4C4E-9962-2755E8CC02C6.jpeg
40188569-B380-490D-B604-48D190C13DF2.jpeg
1D8AD734-38C4-4805-BCBC-C3F483B290DD.jpeg

No blade chatter was felt.

This was also my experience shaving with the Knight Helmet. If you ever used the Yaqi 'Beast' you'll know all about blade chatter. After several shaves now, I rate the Knight Helmet a 'tad' milder than the R41 but there's not much in it

Top Bottom