What's new

Yaqi High Mountain white question

Anybody have experience with this brush?
31171270_2060241017339009_7342045661056991232_n.jpg

I would love to have this brush, but not this handle color.
IMO Yaqi makes some great brushes for the money, but the choice of handles is sometimes dismal. Besides the High Mountain, I have one other Yaqi brush I love - the Cashmere synthetic. Over time, I have periodically looked for the Cashmere synthetic, either as a knot alone or with a different handle, but to no avail. :thumbdown :(

IMO Yaqi makes some great brushes for the money, but the choice of handles is sometimes dismal. Besides the High Mountain, I have one other Yaqi brush I love - the Cashmere synthetic. Over time, I have periodically looked for the Cashmere synthetic, either as a knot alone or with a different handle, but to no avail. :thumbdown :(
APShave in Canada has Cashmere knots available. They have a store on Etsy. Also, Maggard Razors has a 24mm beige knot which I think is their version of the cashmere knot.

APShave in Canada has Cashmere knots available. They have a store on Etsy. Also, Maggard Razors has a 24mm beige knot which I think is their version of the cashmere knot.

Thanks. This is the first I've heard of the Maggard knot. OTOH I have two APShaveCo Cashmeres, and while they are fine brushes, I much prefer the Yaqi.

I love the HMW brush and the handle. Its a great value and the softest badger brush I own and I own a few very high end and expensive brushes. It lathers well, releases lather well, and is reasonably dense. For the price, I really could find no negatives. It is much like the HMW brush that Italian Barber used to sell, but this one seems a little softer yet. It is one of my favorite Badgers for bowl lathering. Probably not a favorite for face lathering unless you enjoy the softness of a synthetic but this brush provides a very luxurious shaving experience for Badger fans.

I just ordered this brush from WCS. I also own a Whipped Dog High Mountain and TGN High Mountain White, both 24mm brushes. Just love the luxurious feel of the High Mountain badger hair.

I just ordered this brush from WCS. I also own a Whipped Dog High Mountain and TGN High Mountain White, both 24mm brushes. Just love the luxurious feel of the High Mountain badger hair.

Would love to hear some follow up thoughts & comparisons of these in your post. Interested especially in the Yaqi HMW. Thanks

I can't do a comparison but I love this brush. Very soft, blooms to huge size and make leather in seconds.

Top Bottom