What's new

Yaqi Flipside

I picked up a Yaqi Flipside head last month and I've just started using it. I have to say for me it is a very mild, but efficient razor. I've used it with a Polsilver Stainless for a few shaves, and today I stuck a Lord Silver Star in it. I mainly use the open comb side, but I've done a little bit of buffing with the solid bar side. For the $6 I paid for it, and whatever I have in the generic handle it's been a nice razor. It won't run my Rockwell or SLOC out of the rotation, but it is certainly enjoyable to use.

1654114992362.png

( Photo from internet )

I guess that I'm kind of a square, I just can't warm up to the open comb/closed comb combo in a razor head.
Different strokes for different folks! And that's a good thing!

I guess that I'm kind of a square, I just can't warm up to the open comb/closed comb combo in a razor head.
Different strokes for different folks! And that's a good thing!
I really bought it because I wanted a 'new' OC that wasn't based on the Gillette Old Types, and it was fairly inexpensive ( a factor in my search at the time ). I rarely use the solid bar side even though it seems fine. The fact it appeared to be an OC DE89 clonish head also intrigued me since the DE89s have always delivered comfortable results while still providing the efficiency I am looking for. It seems to shave a whisker closer than my SLOC ( not surprising since that is a mild razor ) while also being comparable in comfort.

I shaved again with it this morning with a Lord Silver Star and it dropped a no drama BBS on me with very little effort. The Silver Stars always give me good results so that wasn't surprising in and of itself.

If they'd offer this as a full OC I'd gladly purchase it. The 'dual purpose' aspect of this head is not important to me at all :)

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom