What's new

Yaqi brushes...the review series continues!!

I have four Yaqi brushes and enjoy them all. The purple haze brown mew was the only one I’ve had any issues with. That thing shed like crazy the first few shave I had it.

Purple haze handle looks even better in person. Love the handle and the mew knot is top notch. Thanks once again @nav for the recommendation

Great! Glad I could help in your decision and I'm happy to hear your positive result :)

I wish they sold the handle separately so I could put other knots in them!

Excellent choice! This is one of my favorite synthetic brushes!

just got it in.. feels amazing, looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning

this is my lineup.. i also have another at home the moka with mew brown knot

IMG_2537.JPG

I am keeping repeating my self. My Yaqi badger moka is superb, but continues to loose 1 or 2 hair during shaving. If it stops, it will be a fantastic experience. This thing annoyes me, but I haven't giving up yet. I recommend it still. No better badger brush under 25usd.

I'm loving my mocha. I've only used it four times and haven't noticed any shedding, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I am keeping repeating my self. My Yaqi badger moka is superb, but continues to loose 1 or 2 hair during shaving. If it stops, it will be a fantastic experience. This thing annoyes me, but I haven't giving up yet. I recommend it still. No better badger brush under 25usd.

Have you tried contacting Yaqi about the issue? They have wonderful customer service!

I once received a silvertip instead of a two band, they sent me the two band and let me keep the silvertip, which I gave to my brother in law...He is a very happy camper!

Have you tried contacting Yaqi about the issue? They have wonderful customer service!

I once received a silvertip instead of a two band, they sent me the two band and let me keep the silvertip, which I gave to my brother in law...He is a very happy camper!
I did in fact and they offered a 10% discount. Nice gesture but I am just not ready to get another badger. I really enjoy the Moka for its face feeling and I am happy for those who have a perfect moka brush.

As a matter of fact I think most of the times the hair is broken while I use it.

I have a few. A few more on the way.
I've tried many great brushes from a number of popular brands.
Yaqi is up there in terms of quality. Very affordable. Gotta hand it to the Chinese.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nav
just bought on a whim the Lucky Dice Tuxedo and the Rainbow brown knot...
Was it a good choice? I've read they are at the two ends of the spectrum for the yaqi knots softness/backbone

just bought on a whim the Lucky Dice Tuxedo and the Rainbow brown knot...
Was it a good choice? I've read they are at the two ends of the spectrum for the yaqi knots softness/backbone

Both great brushes, especially the rainbow!!

They are indeed opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of backbone.

These are just the three synths I picked up on 11/11. I have several other Yaqi's, both synth and badger. I like the handles and the fibers were a bit different.

20201217_203045-1.jpg

Reactions: nav
The Sagrada Familia is a brush handle design from Yaqi. It is based upon the a section of interior lighting in the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain. It makes for a very nice handle that looks good in any brush collection.

sagrada handle.jpg

sagrada.jpg

Initially I had bought a 24mm synthetic because the handle was so neat. The brush is very soft and splays great. It lathers very well and is a pleasure to use. Recently I purchased the 2-band Badger version of the brush. I was not even aware of it until I saw a review which rated it highly. Having the synth version made me want to expand the collection.

The 2-band Badger is a small brush. It is a 22mm with a correspondingly smaller handle. It may be too small for some, but I found it as O.K. You cannot grip it like a big handle, but it works fine if you use a finger grip.

sag  110610.jpg

There was a light odor when it was new, but a couple washings and uses makes if smell like your soaps, not like a wet dog. After a few uses, the brush splays out nicely. On my face, the splay is the same size as the larger 24mm synth brush. I've used it 3-4 times now and it still has some of the nice scritch that you want with a badger. It is not harsh, but just a nice scrubbing feeling. It lets you know it's made up of individual hairs, not a swab of material, but isn't overly aggressive about it.

The 24mm synth is a totally different feel. The fibers are very soft and just spreads the lather smoothly over your face. No scritch, no scratch, just smooth. It splays out quite easily and is a great size to prevent lather from spraying all over your face or the walls.

1609876277474.png

1609876243675.png

Although they share the handle design, these are two totally different brushes. Both deserve a spot in your rotation, and when just sitting on your shelf, they add a touch of class to the display.

Top Bottom