What's new

Yaqi brushes: a "candy store" for wet shavers.

The Cola Yaqi is one of my favorite brushes for looks, feel and performance. I like smaller brushes & the 22mm loads up lather like a much larger brush.
I have several Badges and am not impressed with any of them, but the Badger Sagreda Familia is an exceptional brush, a top performer along with the Cola Synthetic.
It really is great! I think it performs so well because of the really thin bristles. It loads up a lot of lather fast and releases it with ease. Plus it is very soft. I'm happy you enjoy it as well!

I tried my new Yaqi timberwolf mysterious space brush out last night and really enjoyed it I'm used to Omega 10049and a omega jade green. My only other brush was a Parker super silver tip. My 10049 has been the latherr hog lately, this was the opposite.the bad news is switching from my Karve d SB to Sabre, I am out of practice with it and got a couple weepers and missed a spot lol. Think I have hard water in my new town as well.

These are the 4 Yaqi brushes that I have, all of them are synthetics, good brushes and they take a beating.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
5-24-18.MdC.OT.SpaceBrush.640JPG.JPG

This is one of my Yaqi two bands; they are very nice brushes. This handle is called I believe the Space Invader. I like its looks and ergonomics. The knot is quite nice, too. It hits way out of its price range particularly if you get a good deal.

The razor is Gillette's finest, an Old Type, improved by the addition of a borrowed Fat Handled Tech's handle.

Happy shaves,

Jim

In the UK, Yaqi brushes are a little limited. There's a seller who has some listed on eBay and Amazon at reasonable prices, but they're not the ones that took my fancy. I noticed lately that some brushes on Yaqi's Ali Express store are able to ship from Spain with no carriage charges. So, I ordered one and it arrived in a little over a week.

I got the Sagrada 24mm tuxedo knot, and a very nice brush it is too. It's got decent backbone and creates a nice lather across my soft creams, Extro croaps and the harder P&B soaps I have. It splays nicely too, allowing me to face lather when I feel like it. Comparing this to my Simpson Trafalgar T3, which I very much like, it's a tad softer with a little less backbone. But, it still lathers the harder soaps just fine, and as a result of it being softer, it splays far better on my face than the Trafalgar.

I've since dropped some orders for a few others from Yaqi, but they're shipping from China. 28 days since order, and they're yet to reach Singapore where they'll then ship directly to the UK. Still, at the price, I can't complain too much. Hopefully they'll be great when they arrive!

On order:
- Moka 26mm two band badger
- Lucky dice 26mm tuxedo
- Red marble 24mm tuxedo

P.S. They do a ridiculous 75mm knot. I found a video on YouTube if anyone wants to see the size of the beast, although I'm not sure what you're going to be shaving with this!

Attachments

• PSX_20200716_145258-01.jpeg
    PSX_20200716_145258-01.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 27
  • PSX_20200716_145238-01 (1).jpeg
    PSX_20200716_145238-01 (1).jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 28
Have the Sagrada Familia 24mm Syn on order. Very excited to try it.

Bought the Moka 26mm Silvertip a few weeks back and it’s performing well after a few shaves (now that I know what the heck I’m doing with a natural brush 😂).

Have the Sagrada Familia 24mm Syn on order. Very excited to try it.

Bought the Moka 26mm Silvertip a few weeks back and it’s performing well after a few shaves (now that I know what the heck I’m doing with a natural brush 😂).
Congrats! Both are very good brushes for either face or bowl lather...
Try to order a few at a time...believe me you will not regret... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I received my first Yaqi brush, the Familia Sagrada, from AliExpress this morning. It set me back the princely sum of £9.30, took only a week to arrive (from Spain) and for the price the quality seems outstanding. The real test will be when I use it for the first time tomorrow morning, of course.
IMG_20200727_104017685.jpg

Ju
I received my first Yaqi brush, the Familia Sagrada, from AliExpress this morning. It set me back the princely sum of £9.30, took only a week to arrive (from Spain) and for the price the quality seems outstanding. The real test will be when I use it for the first time tomorrow morning, of course.View attachment 1131170
looking forward to hearing about your experience. Ordered mine yesterday so I’m anxiously awaiting it’s arrival.

In the UK, Yaqi brushes are a little limited. There's a seller who has some listed on eBay and Amazon at reasonable prices, but they're not the ones that took my fancy. I noticed lately that some brushes on Yaqi's Ali Express store are able to ship from Spain with no carriage charges. So, I ordered one and it arrived in a little over a week.

I got the Sagrada 24mm tuxedo knot, and a very nice brush it is too. It's got decent backbone and creates a nice lather across my soft creams, Extro croaps and the harder P&B soaps I have. It splays nicely too, allowing me to face lather when I feel like it. Comparing this to my Simpson Trafalgar T3, which I very much like, it's a tad softer with a little less backbone. But, it still lathers the harder soaps just fine, and as a result of it being softer, it splays far better on my face than the Trafalgar.

I've since dropped some orders for a few others from Yaqi, but they're shipping from China. 28 days since order, and they're yet to reach Singapore where they'll then ship directly to the UK. Still, at the price, I can't complain too much. Hopefully they'll be great when they arrive!

On order:
- Moka 26mm two band badger
- Lucky dice 26mm tuxedo
- Red marble 24mm tuxedo

P.S. They do a ridiculous 75mm knot. I found a video on YouTube if anyone wants to see the size of the beast, although I'm not sure what you're going to be shaving with this!

that is hilarious! I can't imagine using this.

Ju

looking forward to hearing about your experience. Ordered mine yesterday so I’m anxiously awaiting it’s arrival.
After my first shave, I have to say that I'm very impressed - the combination of very soft tips with good backbone make for excellent face-lathering with only a touch of the springiness I remember from the only synthetic l had tried previously; a Body Shop brush that I tried about 15 years ago that ended up in the bin.

So yes, one happy customer.

I received my first Yaqi brush, the Familia Sagrada, from AliExpress this morning. It set me back the princely sum of £9.30, took only a week to arrive (from Spain) and for the price the quality seems outstanding. The real test will be when I use it for the first time tomorrow morning, of course.View attachment 1131170
OK, I need to update my previous post having used this brush for a week - this is one excellent brush, a veritable face lathering machine with absolutely no downside that I can identify. I am now in the tricky position of having my Simpson Commodore (not cheap) eclipsed by s £9 brush.

My lucky dice brush arrived yesterday morning after 27 days from China, so I can't complain too much at the delivery on this one. I do have a red marble brush on the way which has been in transit for nearly two months which I hope hasn't got lost.

The dice brush is quite large, particularly when compared to the small Sagrada Familia brush. Performance wise it's just as good, but I personally prefer the smaller handle and 24mm is the perfect knot size for me.

Something you may find useful if you're a fan of Yaqi; they're running live streams via the AliExpress app at least once a week. If you jump to their store page, there will sometimes be a 'seller is live' option and you can watch the video stream. As there's no notification, I've followed them on Facebook so I can see when they're live. It seems to be mainly Thursdays and Fridays at 8am GMT.

They've been giving 50% discount off some of their brushes and razors during the stream, as well as one being on offer for $0.01 which I managed to get. They also do some give aways of bowls, razors etc.

I managed to get:
Agamemnon slant for £6.98 US $26.91 |YAQI Agamemnon Slant Razor Head Vintage Color Safety Razor|Razor| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001274938235.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.31944c4dklqbe5

Green Mink brush for £0.01 US $17.86 |Yaqi 24mm Green Handle Mink Synthetic Hair Knot Wet Shaving Brush|Shaving Brush| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000216238603.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.31944c4dklqbe5

Top Bottom