What's new

Yaqi Brush - Should I wait

Hi, I had it in my cart while waiting for a sale but it sold out. The price was around USD26+- free delivery. It's a 4 piece razor. The handle can be unscrewed into 2. I was contemplating that or just the slant head which cost USD8.5 free shipping.

I can tell you my preferred and favorite is of course the FOCS!! Hahahaha...I will go for that if given the chance. At the moment it cost around USD38 to be ship to my place (from the UK-cheapest) and that's why I am waiting for any sale.

The Yaqi Slant is just a cheap option and that's why I didn't pull the trigger while it was in my cart.
Further and the most important is this Yaqi Slant is supposed to be very aggressive while the FOCS is reputed to be forgiving and yet efficient.

If I am you, I would choose the FOCS for USD30...let me push you down the FOCS edge... :D 😆 😁

Hi, I had it in my cart while waiting for a sale but it sold out. The price was around USD26+- free delivery. It's a 4 piece razor. The handle can be unscrewed into 2. I was contemplating that or just the slant head which cost USD8.5 free shipping.

I can tell you my preferred and favorite is of course the FOCS!! Hahahaha...I will go for that if given the chance. At the moment it cost around USD38 to be ship to my place (from the UK-cheapest) and that's why I am waiting for any sale.

The Yaqi Slant is just a cheap option and that's why I didn't pull the trigger while it was in my cart.
Further and the most important is this Yaqi Slant is supposed to be very aggressive while the FOCS is reputed to be forgiving and yet efficient.

If I am you, I would choose the FOCS for USD30...let me push you down the FOCS edge... :D 😆 😁
Done hahahaha Thanks mate

I have that same brush, it's OK a bit of a lather hog and stiff (for a badger)

My experience w buying from yaqi through the china website was NOT good. Will never buy anything from Ali, ever. I do not care if it's cheaper. If I were to buy Yaqi, would use a US reseller, that way I know they have it and it will be delivered in a timely fashion. And if I need I can contact them and have a decent understandable communication.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I bought my yaqi brush from Amazon. It came in 2 days. Worth the extra cost. Great brush too. I wanted to try a Timberwolf brush before I commissioned a set of custom brushes and I'm glad I did it.

I have that same brush, it's OK a bit of a lather hog and stiff (for a badger)

My experience w buying from yaqi through the china website was NOT good. Will never buy anything from Ali, ever. I do not care if it's cheaper. If I were to buy Yaqi, would use a US reseller, that way I know they have it and it will be delivered in a timely fashion. And if I need I can contact them and have a decent understandable communication.

My Yaqi order finally landed (not bad about 20 days overall), and they are all they are cracked up to be. What a value.

20200919_135705.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just put a order in 2 days ago for 2 defective handle ones(I bought one last yr and it is the best brush of all them.) and I have a hard time finding the defect with the black marble handle. It has something to do with color texture possibly and with a 24 mm tuxedo knot :001_wub: . I also bought the 26 mm tuxedo knot with dice in resin handle for myself. The Tuxedo knot is one of the best for face feel with those cloud like soft tips with some back bone. The reason I put in the order is for some Christmas presents for my son and son in law. Yaqi also builds brushes for a lot of Shaving outlets in North America. Last yrs 11 11 sale was a hot one, prices bounced around and you might of lucked out if you wanted a certain brush. The black marble defect handle is a good deal with the 55mm loft at the moment and the Farri red and black defect handle with a 24mm Tuxedo knot with 55 mm loft also . If you like a good scrub they have a few with the 48 mm loft for good prices now also but I like around 55 mm loft for that perfect feel when lathering myself.

Gentlemen....FYI, Yaqi is having another SALE started today until the 25th. Mostly 20%. In fact, the entire Aliexpress....
I would rather wait for the LIVE where everything goes for 50%
😆 😆 😆 😆

Gentlemen....FYI, Yaqi is having another SALE started today until the 25th. Mostly 20%. In fact, the entire Aliexpress....
😆 😆 😆 😆
So tempting with all the coupons I could get it for 19us shipped. Wondering if the 11/11 Will be as low as last year where you paid about 12$.

So tempting with all the coupons I could get it for 19us shipped. Wondering if the 11/11 Will be as low as last year where you paid about 12$.
Not sure about that (11/11) but then just wait and let's see.
In case you have the BAD...have a look at some quality brushes from Oumo and Boti too...
I ordered from Oumo once but package was lost and was duly refunded. Boti brush otw... 😁 😁

If you mean the 11/11 sale, I was around for it 2019. Many Yaqis were on sale for varying degrees off (some more than 50%, some less so). Some things were not on sale at all. If you are waiting for a particular brush to be on sale, it might not be. But it might. If that brush is on sale now for a bird-in-the-hand 20% off ...

If you mean the 11/11 sale, I was around for it 2019. Many Yaqis were on sale for varying degrees off (some more than 50%, some less so). Some things were not on sale at all. If you are waiting for a particular brush to be on sale, it might not be. But it might. If that brush is on sale now for a bird-in-the-hand 20% off ...
Yes, I was in that 11/11 sale too and as you know, what you want were gone in a flash if you even hesitated 😆
It was my 1st 11/11 sale. I still managed to snag quite a few good bargains though.

I was informing instead of waiting for 11/11 (as we mentioned may not get what we want) now Yaqi will host a LIVE sale on Aliexpress every Friday at 1600pm their local time. They will have selected 30+ items for sale at 50% with some at a ridiculous USD0.01 for limited units. If you read back on this thread, I snagged 2 brushes (with pictures)...and 1 at USD0.01. Last Friday, a Silver tip brush goes for only USD20 instead of USD40. I snagged the slant head for USD4 delivered.

If anyone needs a heavily discounted brush or razor from Yaqi...try aim for the LIVE Sale...
Then sit back to wait....

Yes, I was in that 11/11 sale too and as you know, ... I was informing instead of waiting for 11/11 (as we mentioned may not get what we want) now Yaqi will host a LIVE sale on Aliexpress every Friday at 1600pm their local time. They will have selected 30+ items for sale at 50% with some at a ridiculous USD0.01 for limited units. If you read back on this thread, I snagged ...

Gotcha. Great advice.

I was informing instead of waiting for 11/11 (as we mentioned may not get what we want) now Yaqi will host a LIVE sale on Aliexpress every Friday at 1600pm their local time...
If I've used the internet to do some calculations correctly, that translated to 0300am CST on Friday, for me. Wowzers, really need to be an early bird to snag those deals.

If I've used the internet to do some calculations correctly, that translated to 0300am CST on Friday, for me. Wowzers, really need to be an early bird to snag those deals.
To me its 4am, hard to be there for the first hour and half too
Yup...it'll be at a difficult timing for you...
It is difficult timing for me too...as I am still working at that time..
Somehow I have to suffer tummy ache on Friday from 1600pm onwards... :laugh: :laugh: 😁

Top Bottom