What's new

Yaqi Brush - Should I wait

@Demolition @Timeclo I dont know if you guys have both but if I want one between the moka 2band badger and the 24mm black silvertip, both are almost same price, which one do you prefer. I understand 2band moka will be more scrubby and silvertip softer but your pick would be which? Thanks
Ooh that's a tough choice. I really enjoy both but here's my takes on the two brushes.

2band moka feels slightly more scrubby with more firm/dense feel. It is 26mm so it'll feel different from 24.

24mm silvertip feels slightly softer with less dense but still good face feel. It feels slightly more floppy.

If you can wait til 11.11, you can probably get both for the price of one currently... but if it was me, I'd go for the silvertip by a sliver margin. I really enjoy both.

Ooh that's a tough choice. I really enjoy both but here's my takes on the two brushes.

2band moka feels slightly more scrubby with more firm/dense feel. It is 26mm so it'll feel different from 24.

24mm silvertip feels slightly softer with less dense but still good face feel. It feels slightly more floppy.

If you can wait til 11.11, you can probably get both for the price of one currently... but if it was me, I'd go for the silvertip by a sliver margin. I really enjoy both.
I might get a couple on 11/11 but Will get one with the sale on 3 days, Thanks a lot

@Demolition @Timeclo I dont know if you guys have both but if I want one between the moka 2band badger and the 24mm black silvertip, both are almost same price, which one do you prefer. I understand 2band moka will be more scrubby and silvertip softer but your pick would be which? Thanks
Indeed, I also own the Moka Express Two-Band. Also very cheap when it goes on sale; something like $16 USD during last year's Black Friday sale. Even cheaper during 11.11.

As Tim mentioned, the Two-band knot is denser and firmer-feeling than the 24mm Silvertip. The slight scrubbiness combines with the firmer backbone and the soft tips to provide great balance. It's a big knot, so it kind of envelops your face. Some folks don't like that, but I find it quite luxurious.

Also, the handle seems kind of big at first, but it offers lots of hand positions. Very comfortable.

As for which one I'd pick, I'd probably get the Moka. But that's because I like more backbone and scrub. If you like a smaller, more compliant brush, then the Silvertip is the way to go. You can't go wrong, either way. But, as Tim said, if you can wait for 11.11, you could probably get both brushes for the price of one.

1597955524153.png

Definitely worth the wait.

does the two-band have any scritch? I actually want some scritch with a little backbone if too soft I would consider not getting. Any one try the yaqi pure badger?

I have three 24 mm Yaqi silvertips, Black, Red resin and Mysterious Space. All are excellent quality. Also have the 26mm Moka two band and Familia Sagrada synthetic (I’m not impressed) Beautiful handle but way too soft. The two band has more body for sure but I enjoy them all. I have other badgers as well, Zenith Silvertip, Stirling finest and Shavemac by Rudy Vey. For my part it’s hard to tell the difference. I will say the Yaqis can have a little more funk when they arrive but that can be dealt with. 11.11 prices can be all over the place. I placed one order at 5 AM for great price and one at 5 PM with not so good prices. Still overall Yaqi prices are a value.

Good sale going on, been looking at it everyday since last 4 days. Just ordered 2 DS : 1 26mm 2 band silvertip and 1 30mm synth. 23$ free shipping with all the coupons instead of 51. I will go all in on Yaqi on 11/11.

Pulled the trigger; Yaqi 22MM Sagrada Familia Two Band Badger, Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo Synthetic, Yaqi 24mm Timber Wolf Synthetic. All told, $38 shipped. Now we play the waiting game.
Good sale going on, been looking at it everyday since last 4 days. Just ordered 2 DS : 1 26mm 2 band silvertip and 1 30mm synth. 23$ free shipping with all the coupons instead of 51. I will go all in on Yaqi on 11/11.
Well done guys! Well done! All good brushes. I hold my hand this time despite having a number of brushes in the cart because there's either minimal discounts or none. I will wait patiently for the next big sale... 😁 😁

Hey @Smooth and Sharp....I am wondering if you are still interested in more Yaqi brushes??
If you do, please tune in on their live sale every Friday at their local time at 1600pm...
You will be amazed and will be like a kid in a candy store where everything is 50% or more discounted. Some selected brushes are 99% off!!
I managed to snag these 2...
Screenshot_20200911-173130_AliExpress (2).jpg
Screenshot_20200911-171814_AliExpress (2).jpg

Why should you wait? (Consider yourself enabled.) :a29:

Whatever you do you may be not be happy. If you miss the best sale, then you will be disappointed. If you wait and the brush does not go on sale, you will be disappointed. So, order now and enjoy!

@Chard52142 Is it already over, I dont see it? Thanks btw!
Yes, it's over for the day. I was in there like 7 hours ago for 2 hours. There were lucky draws and it was the imitation Capt. Choice bowl. So, wait until next Friday...it will start at 1600pm their local time. Today there was a Silvertip going for 50%...

I will be there again next Friday....I wanna try get the new slant at a heavily discounted price...hahahaha
1599837836904.png

Yes, it's over for the day. I was in there like 7 hours ago for 2 hours. There were lucky draws and it was the imitation Capt. Choice bowl. So, wait until next Friday...it will start at 1600pm their local time. Today there was a Silvertip going for 50%...

I will be there again next Friday....I wanna try get the new slant at a heavily discounted price...hahahaha
View attachment 1153445
I want that too! I want a Slant!

View attachment 1153445
Do you know where to get it at full Price and whats the full Price? I dont see it on Ali express. I'm on the edge of buying the Fatip oc Slant, just found it New in Canada for 40 cad or 30 us. Also the sale is at 4am for me :( sucks that its only a live sale

Top Bottom