What's new

Yaqi Brush - Should I wait

Next order is 11/11. But wife already think I have too many. Might only get the moka badger on 11/11 if Im able to get it.

You can never have enough shaving brushes, just show your wife this these are mine

20200901_184222.jpg

There will be 200 in there soon I'm at 185 now

You can never have enough shaving brushes, just show your wife this these are mine

There will be 200 in there soon I'm at 185 now

Wow..!!! That's a jaw-dropping Brush Candy Store! How do you ever rotate using all the brushes..??
I just showed my wife your brushes and registered my complaint that I not even close to how many brushes I should have.... 😆 😆 Seems like my brush requisition form is being seriously considered...:D
Thanks buddy...

Wow..!!! That's a jaw-dropping Brush Candy Store! How do you ever rotate using all the brushes..??
I just showed my wife your brushes and registered my complaint that I not even close to how many brushes I should have.... 😆 😆 Seems like my brush requisition form is being seriously considered...:D
Thanks buddy...

Thank you Sir!!!

And you're welcome we like to enable (cough) help members out.

But it is hard work choosing a brush to use as I love them all, but I'm now installing lighting so the stand out more at night as I have just put more shelving in as it only had the two top ones. but I'm on the hunt for a glass display stand.

But we do like to see brushes, razors, soaps, & scents and they all have a deep holes to fall into here at Badger & Blade... :straight: :straight: :straight: :clap::clap:

Last edited:
@Chard52142 I see that the 11/11 sale is announced on Ali, does the price shown will be the price on 11/11 ? I see some nice deals but it's pretty much the same as the back to school sale, I dont see anything close to 11,11$. Just wondering if there's an extra rebate on that day.

How are the Yaqi knots in comparison to the Plissoft knots?

I have the RazoRock BC Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic and, while it generates great lather, it also manages water in a way that I don't like. That is, even if I squeeze the water out, I never get it all out. And while I'm creating a face lather, the water will just kind of dump out.

I'm also not a huge fan of the face feel. I really prefer the feel of boar brushes over everything else I've tried.

Wait till 11.11, last year I bought a black 24mm silvertip yaqi brush a few days before the sale, I love it, but the price droppet 70% it was crazy 🙈

@Chard52142 I see that the 11/11 sale is announced on Ali, does the price shown will be the price on 11/11 ? I see some nice deals but it's pretty much the same as the back to school sale, I dont see anything close to 11,11$. Just wondering if there's an extra rebate on that day.

Hi and yes, the 11.11 sale is on but the prices are nowhere like last year 11.11 sale prices. In fact, the brush I bought during the LIVE sale was much cheaper compared to the sale price. Kinda disappointed there was no more crazy sale like last year. The total discount was made known and not last minute, so you can have the selected items in the cart and just pull the trigger once the sale started.
I can see only these 2 at 70% off
Yaqi Evil Zebra 26mm Knot Black and Red Handle Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush
Yaqi Chianti's 24mm Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush

None of the badger brushes is 50% off, unlike last year.

In general, I can see only around between 20-25% discount. Still, some good bargain especially for synthetics like the 26mm Rainbow.

Hope this helps.

Hmm indeed, Chard is right, the prices are kinda conservative this year. I bought a 2 Band Moka Express for 11 euros and an Aqua Silvertip for 15 last year. Now I see that they are 20 and 27 respectively. A shame but not unexpected since the one that shall not be named hit them pretty hard.

A bump for this thread...
Yaqi started the LIVE sale again every Friday....and yesterday 25th was a very special session. Of the more than 85 items on sale...70% were on USD$1 first-come-first-serve snatch offer. Meaning very limited stock...
Quite a few mouth-watering brushes especially the Silvertips...
I managed to snatch only this...at USD$1....not too bad. Do keep a look-out next Friday...
Screenshot_20201225-173809_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, $1....who cares if it never comes.....I would NOT waste any energy fighting for this. If you get it, you win. If it never shows up....lost one buck.....if you fight for it: it will erode a bit of your soul.

I had to fight last year for a big order....6-80$.....given the Rona, it showed up in mid Feb. BUT my gripe: constant lying by Yaqi ....hence I will NEVER buy from them.....there are other options....not for $1 I admit.

Yaqi started the LIVE sale again every Friday....and yesterday 25th was a very special session. Of the more than 85 items on sale...70% were on USD$1 first-come-first-serve snatch offer. Meaning very limited stock...
I managed to snatch only this...at USD$1....not too bad. Do keep a look-out next Friday...
View attachment 1200055
Hahaha Nice catch! We know it's real he got 2 at 0,01$ few months ago.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1200055
Your going to really enjoy that brush at least I do, I paid a little bit more than you and it is still worth owning if you like a gentle scrub and a those heavenly cloud like soft tips. To buy at China time you have to stay up late and I have not seen the deals you have!

Your going to really enjoy that brush at least I do, I paid a little bit more than you and it is still worth owning if you like a gentle scrub and a those heavenly cloud like soft tips. To buy at China time you have to stay up late and I have not seen the deals you have!
Thanks! I have had this brush in the cart for a long time but didn't even buy it during the 11/11 sale. I saw and read you using it and when this chance came I didn't hesitate at all...hahahaha. Let's see if next Friday during New Year's day Yaqi has similar offers.

OMG, $1....who cares if it never comes.....I would NOT waste any energy fighting for this. If you get it, you win. If it never shows up....lost one buck.....if you fight for it: it will erode a bit of your soul.

I had to fight last year for a big order....6-80$.....given the Rona, it showed up in mid Feb. BUT my gripe: constant lying by Yaqi ....hence I will NEVER buy from them.....there are other options....not for $1 I admit.
Never Yaqi for me. Never AliExpress. It's just not worth it when there are good folks like Maggard, Italian Barber and West Coast Shaving.

Top Bottom