What's new

Yaqi Brush - Should I wait

Hey guys,
Im interested buying yaqi moka badger 26mm. Because Im not in a hurry ( not like I need it ), I wonder if all the yaqi brushes have a rebate on Nov 11th. I have red on this forum, that some yaqi brushes gets down to 11.11$ on Nov 11th. I dont expect this one to get that low but wondering if all yaqi brushes are on sale on that day.

Thanks
By the way those that have it, do you like it?
Screenshot_20200817_143157.jpg

If you can wait it probably is going on a sale. I bought mine on that price, but remember to make the purchase at China's 00:00 hrs. not at your 00:00 hrs. because they make the offer in batches and sometimes they appear as not available and 2 hours later they release another batch... WCS you have to pay full price later but it isn't that steep. FWIW Yes I have it and I like it... Use ot for both face & bowl lathering.

Good luck

I have a 26mm Moka Express and enjoy it a lot. It feels very dense and mid-scrubby. It's got a big handle but still ergonomic. I'd say wait the couple months because you can get some insane deals on the 11.11 sale.

Last year during the 11.11 sale, I got a 24mm Two-band Mysterious Space brush for $11.11. That was one of the best bargains I've ever gotten in shaving stuff. You have to watch the website as the deals are only for a limited quantity of each item. There is also the temptation to buy a bunch more stuff since "it's on sale".

These were among some of the brushes I managed to snagged on the 11.11 sale...some of the badgers brush at more than 50% off. I didn't realize what a mad rush once the gates opened. My primary target brush slipped away.
What I do now was started choosing some brushes that I like and put in the cart and standby.
Do consider DS Cosmetic brush too....

These are the most affordable brushes for me....so I get to indulge with minimal cost. Of course, I love the turn & shave and the artisan brushes but...just too expensive.
Screenshot_20191112-134605_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-185801_AliExpress.jpg

To @Smooth and Sharp, you won't regret getting that 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger. I just use it this morning and it was wonderful...
20200818_164700.jpg

Just a warning to you though.....some of these badgers can have a really bad smell initially. Once you went through the multiple cleaning then you can enjoy it.

These were among some of the brushes I managed to snagged on the 11.11 sale...some of the badgers brush at more than 50% off. I didn't realize what a mad rush once the gates opened. My primary target brush slipped away.
What I do now was started choosing some brushes that I like and put in the cart and standby.
Do consider DS Cosmetic brush too....

These are the most affordable brushes for me....so I get to indulge with minimal cost. Of course, I love the turn & shave and the artisan brushes but...just too expensive.
View attachment 1141538
View attachment 1141537

To @Smooth and Sharp, you won't regret getting that 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger. I just use it this morning and it was wonderful...
View attachment 1141539
Just a warning to you though.....some of these badgers can have a really bad smell initially. Once you went through the multiple cleaning then you can enjoy it.
Wow thats a huge deal. Many thanks. If I cant get it on sale I'll buy it anyways.

I come from China. On the Chinese Wet Shaving Forum, everyone agreed that Yaqi is a good product with good quality and low price. Better than DS Cosmetic brush. If you want me to recommend, I will recommend the following Yaqi brushs. The red one is omega boar brush. By the way, In Mandarin, yaqi means 'elegant and beautiful'

Attachments

• yaqi.jpg
    yaqi.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 78
Pretty sure I bought the same two-band fan as @Atlantic59 last November. For $11 (down from ~$27), it is the best shaving purchase I've made. The knot in that brush is just fantastic. Not just for the price, either. It's competitive with brushes at any price, imho. For example, I have a shavemac two-band. Love that one too, but it cost $100+. Is the Shavemac better? I can't tell. Now that's a compliment to this Yaqi brush. I'm truly hoping this brush is on sale again for everyone to try. Now, it'll take about a month or so to arrive ...

Is it worth $27 now? Hands down yes yes yes. I would love to just buy that knot and put it in custom handle (and I'd pay more than $27 for just the knot too).

Anyone tried the Sagrada familia but badger version? And the 24mm black handle silvertip ?
I got the black-handled 24mm silvertip in March. It was cheap as dirt (~$12 USD) during the AliExpress 10th anniversary sale.

Out of the box, there was no funky smell and the hairs felt surprisingly soft. After the first wetting and hand-lathering, it bloomed nicely and has been an excellent performer ever since. It has a lovely face-feel due to the extremely soft tips. Splays easily, but without any flop, unlike other silvertips that I've tried. The knot is fairly densely packed, so there's a moderate amount of backbone.

Also, the handle shape is fits my hand very well.

Currently, it's going for $31 USD, but on August 24, it's going on sale for $24.80 USD. Personally, I think that's still a great price for a brush of this quality.

proxy.php

I got the black-handled 24mm silvertip in March. It was cheap as dirt (~$12 USD) during the AliExpress 10th anniversary sale.

Out of the box, there was no funky smell and the hairs felt surprisingly soft. After the first wetting and hand-lathering, it bloomed nicely and has been an excellent performer ever since. It has a lovely face-feel due to the extremely soft tips. Splays easily, but without any flop, unlike other silvertips that I've tried. The knot is fairly densely packed, so there's a moderate amount of backbone.

Also, the handle shape is fits my hand very well.

Currently, it's going for $31 USD, but on August 24, it's going on sale for $24.80 USD. Personally, I think that's still a great price for a brush of this quality.

proxy.php
This silvertip is one of my favorite badgers despite its lower cost. Great face feel and whips up a nice lather.

Top Bottom