What's new

Yaqi Bohin

Anybody use this razor? How is compare with the real Bohin?

1673958117260.png

$92 is on the high side for a Yaqi razor from Aliexpress but I must say I find this one pretty intriguing.
High, given their production costs, but not something the market would not bear, in relation to other SS razors. If it is as good in finish as the Z0/R41 copy, it should be good. But, who's going to guinea-pig for us...?:c1:

High, given their production costs....

Yaqi (and other Chinese producers) went overboard with prices. I remember when their synth brush were selling at $9-$12 and a silvertip brush at $25. Now their asking $22-25 for a boar brush, same price or even higher than a Zenith or a Semogue.
Considering that the current labor cost in China is a ten times lower of that in Italy or Portugal and the raw material is way less expensive, it seems to me that their prices are completely out of any logic.
Also, can a stainless steel razor made in Canada cost 30% less than one produced in China?
Also their customer service went downhill.

Yaqi (and other Chinese producers) went overboard with prices. I remember when their synth brush were selling at $9-$12 and a silvertip brush at $25. Now their asking $22-25 for a boar brush, same price or even higher than a Zenith or a Semogue.
Considering that the current labor cost in China is a ten times lower of that in Italy or Portugal and the raw material is way less expensive, it seems to me that their prices are completely out of any logic.
Also, can a stainless steel razor made in Canada cost 30% less than one produced in China?
So, are you gonna get the razor, or what? 🤪

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Sounds like a perfect time to spend less than $100 and see if there has been any improvement!

I picked one up. It's a decent razor. I cannot compare to the actual Bohin, but haven't found a Bohin I can afford yet. I cannot tell the aggression difference between the two sides either. I also picked up their Goodwill clone recently, waiting for that delivery.

Top Bottom