What's new

Yaqi Bohemia

2 shaves in - first shave was with 2 days of stubble; reasonably good and quite smooth but not remarkably good in 1 pass. Second shave was much better; I used a fresh Kai blade for a little extra aggression - a very close 1 pass shave that still felt very smooth. Suspect shave 1 was somewhat anomalous, as the second one felt really good. I did notice that riding the cap gave a smoother and better shave than a steep angle/riding the comb. My impressions are very good and improving, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Today's shave - similar to yesterday;s (very good); smooth, perhaps a touch less effective (but I was also hurrying for work), friendly. Very nice feel to using it. I like it more than the Yaqi Sentinel OC; it just feels smoother (and similarly effective). We'll see how this turns out over the coming days/weeks, but I'm optimistic.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I really should get some KAI blades, the Feather Super transformed my Romulus compared to the Pro.

DE blades likely make not nearly as much difference. The price for KAI blades is just terrible!

More updates - I continue to really like the Bohemia. I did nick myself this morning (was in a rush and got careless; suspect it would have been similar with many other razors). Still a close, smooth, and comfortable shave. I like it enough that if I ever break/lose mine, I will probably replace it - to me, that's a pretty high honor. No complaints, completely satisfied. I may end up trying it against some other open comb razors for comparison in the future.

Bohemia
Rubie (15)

DSCF5977_1.JPG

Top Bottom