What's new

Yaqi Beast 2, variant!

Who have tried the Yaki Beast, variant 1

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Nice reviews. There are at least 2 different OC slants; I got one when they first came out and I thought it was too "aggressive", used it a few times, no accidents but was not pleasant. Put it away and forgot about it. Then I read a few good reviews a year or two later and got another one (I forgot I had one). This one had less blade feel, neither a favorite..... . Now this year I actually used both of them and the older has a top cap at least 1mm smaller.... . This is pretty much like the Fatip V1 vs V2.....
The newer version I have , I can use it if needed for a one pass shave (probably the only one I have), maybe the RR Jaws (but I haven't used it in a few years).
That Helmet also has a lot of blade feel.....
These Yaqi and also the Fatip V1 have too much blade vibration (I can see why you use a shim).

Maybe one day I will use Yaqi vs Jaws and another day vs R41.....see if there is a significant difference. Right now the RR Lupo .95 OC is probably my favorite.....efficient and smooth.

I gave my flip to my brother.....

Nice reviews. There are at least 2 different OC slants; I got one when they first came out and I thought it was too "aggressive", used it a few times, no accidents but was not pleasant. Put it away and forgot about it. Then I read a few good reviews a year or two later and got another one (I forgot I had one). This one had less blade feel, neither a favorite..... . Now this year I actually used both of them and the older has a top cap at least 1mm smaller.... . This is pretty much like the Fatip V1 vs V2.....
The newer version I have , I can use it if needed for a one pass shave (probably the only one I have), maybe the RR Jaws (but I haven't used it in a few years).
That Helmet also has a lot of blade feel.....
These Yaqi and also the Fatip V1 have too much blade vibration (I can see why you use a shim).

Maybe one day I will use Yaqi vs Jaws and another day vs R41.....see if there is a significant difference. Right now the RR Lupo .95 OC is probably my favorite.....efficient and smooth.

I gave my flip to my brother.....
I have the RR Lupo.72 and really enjoy that razor and was curious about the recent Lupo.95 OC, might have to buy the bottom plate some day. Thanks for the comments and it sounds like you like aggressive razors also, I can take or leave them.
I find doing a daily doubles interesting, I like to do a 2 pass(WTG +ATG) and then do a feel test to see what razor is more efficient and then finish the shave off with pickups. I find shorter handle works the best when steep shaving on aggressive razors to meter the blade feel better. If the razor seems comfortable you will have a great shave because it is mostly all blade feel and no pressure shaving IMO with these aggressive razors.(results can be stellar.)
Have some great shaves!

I'll have to try the Flipside plate with the Mellon top cap. Did you do a review comparing the original Beast v1.0 to your v2.0?
I have the head to do a shave with for The Beast #1, but the Beast #2 side has the one side with that configuration already. The nice part of the Beast #2 you can flip the razor 180 degrees and you have a milder Beast #2 for the chin or other sensitive areas of the beard areas.

Top Bottom