What's new

Yaqi adjustable razor

Well, well well...

Totally surprised with the last shave.

I shaved with one of my best blade, a Gillette Silver Blue. It was a fantastic shave. I don't push for BBS but I went for it. Almost a perfect shave. The Silver Blue at setting 3 had a lesser blade feel than Astra SS or Derby Extra at settings 1.

The bad thing is that in my country I can't find other blades than Astra and these do work really good in my Rockwell 6s.
Glad to hear you had a good shave. Maybe you can order some blades online or have a friend send them?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Will Yaqi make a stainless steel version in the future? That would be nice if it will be under 100 usd.
I'm not sure why they would for some time after spending a lot of money tooling up for the Yaqi adjustable TLC, They might go all brass with a Chrome finish because their handle is already brass or they could just make a Stainless head with the brass handle they have already have. Stainless 316 is not a easy material to machine from my experiences and is not necessary in this market, most folks would like to see it but there is already stiff competition with stainless steel adjustable razors already with the flex by Pearl already around $100.00< and is very good from what I understand and then you have the Rex ............,Tara....
The Gibbs razor was made from a plastic handle, brass & possibly Zamac head and they are still shaving to this day and folks are willing to pay big $. Yaqi maybe found a sweet spot for their adjustable TLC possibly for sales, time will tell.

I'm not sure why they would for some time after spending a lot of money tooling up for the Yaqi adjustable TLC, They might go all brass with a Chrome finish because their handle is already brass or they could just make a Stainless head with the brass handle they have already have. Stainless 316 is not a easy material to machine from my experiences and is not necessary in this market, most folks would like to see it but there is already stiff competition with stainless steel adjustable razors already with the flex by Pearl already around $100.00< and is very good from what I understand and then you have the Rex ............,Tara....
The Gibbs razor was made from a plastic handle, brass & possibly Zamac head and they are still shaving to this day and folks are willing to pay big $. Yaqi maybe found a sweet spot for their adjustable TLC possibly for sales, time will tell.
Let's see. I think Yaqi will release premium razors in the future after building its image with low prices.

Bthw today my second shave with GSB blade was fantastic also. I think this razor is dependent on the blade choice.

Rockwell 6s could works pretty much with any blade. And that is OK.

4 shaves with GSB. I use setting 3 for WTG and 2 for ATG. Lovely razor. After failing using Astra SS and Derby Extra, I will be starting using other blades in this Yaqi Final Cut.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This was ordered about a week ago from AliExpress. I was told it would arrive in mid March, but here it is.

1-27-22.Yaqi.theFinalCut.Adjustable.640.JPG

Happy shaves,

Jim

Anyone using this razor frequently? What your prefered blades so far?

Mine till now :
Top - GSB, Chrome platinum
Average - Astra SS
Not good - Derby Extra

I was totally surprised how good did Chrome blade worked for me ATG.

I have some other blades that I am going to try.

Mine is still in Aus "cleared for international departure". Ordered Jan 22nd. I'm not in a hurry just excited to give it a go.

Ron R

Just received my Yaqi V3 TFC adjustable razor, Everything seems OK and gave it a quick cleaning and looks reasonable for the price point I paid. Always wanted a Gibbs adjustable razor but modifying blades did not appeal to me that much. Will take it out for a 1st use tomorrow, this one came with a stand that works great.
Overall looking good so far, will take it through some testing tomorrow and for a few days next week.
Yaqi V3 TFC adjustable razor MFG 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

DE SOTD, Sat, Feb 5th 2022, New razor testing + 1st shave!

Razor: Yaqi V3 TFC adjustable with Gun metal handle- Mfg 2021> excellent adjustable razor, 1st shave, I read a little on line about this razor and concluded it would be great around 1-3 setting for myself and folks where correct. Started out around 2 and then 1 and pickups 3 and it was mostly a carefree shave for myself. I like the 1 & 2 range mostly and felt it was a nice sweet spot for my self not aggressive but efficient and my 1 day stubble did not stand a chance.
My razor felt equal on both sides when turned 180 degrees and that was great feeling because that was a good test for any razor that the machining is accurate enough .
Grip of razor was adequate with medium knurling, adjustment on top worked well and there are a lot in-between settings.
After all said & done with my 1st shave I pulled out the Alum block that does not lie and did my sweep of the face and indicated really not much of anything for stinging!
The razor finish on the out side is very good and under the cap looked reasonable but not perfect, might be a bargain for some folks who always wanted a Gibbs style razor that takes regular DE blades like myself!
So my shave also hit my sweet spot for final results after 2 passes with pickups of DFS,BBS (DFS++) shave :thumbup: :001_smile .
Yes, I could of gotten a much closer shave on 4>6> settings no doubt but that is not always my goal , and not always a comfortable shave on higher settings as most already know with adjustable razors.
Blade: Gillette Nacet(4) excellent sharp & smooth blade.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Alum block with rinse after 30-60 seconds + Razorock King Louis Lavender Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi TFC adj with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD Feb 5 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom