What's new

Yaqi Adjustable Prototype

I didn't know about the controversy, but I believe the Rockwell Model T has the same design - only machined from stainless steel, plagued by quality control problems, and costing US$150.

Yaqi has an expected price of AUD50 on their website - US$35. That sounds more like it!

The story as they told me is that the owner of the workshop that made them for the American (who was selling them for 80 dollars!) is a friend of the owner of Yaqi ... and offered them to him.
The Yaqi's did not know the Heritage's order nor the people

To them after the Covid, all canines, they offer a game of razors that the American had put them sticky and did not want to pay ... and they offer them to the first one that passes, to Yaqi, that does not have so many technical pricks!
And the American takes a big bounce ... logical ... but the fault is of him for not catching the material and above all for his greed to try to sell for 80 what Yaqi sells for 20 ... AND EARNING MONEY ... what a robbery the American bird had planned!
He is convinced that Yaqi has stolen his production, but he is totally wrong ... but obviously there are lots of people willing to believe his story
But I think it's a chain of mistakes, misunderstandings, the brutal economic impact of the Covid on the Chinese workshops ... and the desperate sale of the material parked there to the first person who can put it there

I think that the American bounced because the head is not identical, the Chinese desperate for three months without working, sold them as they could, and Yaqi ... well, ... I will try to sell them ... and that's why they only have 100 that flew in hours!

There were too many people waiting, especially Americans and French ... after the reviews already published two weeks ago

In fact, Yaqi's people were finishing the edition of the other model of razor, the GlobeTrotter, in the same workshop, so maybe they came across this consignment by accident. The GlobeTrotter will be cheaper but I am very happy with it, I have been using it in its different versions (3 already) and I think it is an ideal machine for daily use ... and for travelling.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

La historia tal como me la han contado ellos es que el dueño del taller que las fabrico para el americano ( que pendaba venderlas a 80 dolares ! ) es amigo del dueño de Yaqi … y se las ofrecio .
Los de Yaqi ni conocian el encargo de Heritage ni a las personas

A ellos tras el Covid, todos caninos , les ofrecen una partida de maquinillas que el americano les habia puesto pegas y no las queria pagar … y se las ofrecen al primero que pasa , a Yaqi, que no tiene tantos remilgos tecnicos !
Y el americano se coge un rebote de aupa … logico … pero la culpa es de el por no pillar el material y sobretodo por su avaricia de intentar vender por 80 lo que Yaqi vende por 20 … Y GANANDO DINERO … menudo atraco tenia previsto el pajaro americano !
Esta convencido de que Yaqi le ha robado la produccion , pero esta totalmente equivocado … pero evidentemente hay montones dispuestos a creerle la historia
Pero creo qeu es una cadena de errores, malentendidos, la brutal incidencia economica del Covid en los talleres chinos … y la venta a la desesperada del material alli aparcado al primero que pueden colocarselo

Yo creo que el americano se reboto por que el cabezal no es identico, los chinos desesperados por tres meses sin trabajar , las vendieron como pudieron , y Yaqi … pues bueno , … las intentare vender … y por eso solo tienen 100 que volaron en horas !

Habia demasiada gente esperando , sobretodo americanos y franceses … tras los reviews ya publicados hace dos semanas

En realidad los de Yaqi estaban terminando la edicion del otro modelo de maquinilla, la GlobeTrotter , en el mismo taller , por eso quizas se toparon con esta remesa sin querer . La GlobeTrotter sera mas barata pero a mi me tienen encantado , llevo usandola en sus distintas versiones (van ya 3) y me parece una maquinilla ideal para el uso diario … y para viajes . y hay novedades en mangos espectaculares … algunos no los he publicado aun …

The story as they told me is that the owner of the workshop that made them for the American (who was selling them for 80 dollars!) is a friend of the owner of Yaqi ... and offered them to him.

To them after the Covid, all canines, they offer a game of razors that the American had put them sticky and did not want to pay ... and they offer them to the first one that passes, to Yaqi, that does not have so many technical pricks!
And the American takes a big bounce ... logical ... but the fault is of him for not catching the material and above all for his greed to try to sell for 80 what Yaqi sells for 20 ... AND EARNING MONEY ... what a robbery the American bird had planned!
He is convinced that Yaqi has stolen his production, but he is totally wrong ... but obviously there are lots of people willing to believe his story
But I think it's a chain of mistakes, misunderstandings, the brutal economic impact of the Covid on the Chinese workshops ... and the desperate sale of the material parked there to the first person who can put it there

I think that the American bounced because the head is not identical, the Chinese desperate for three months without working, sold them as they could, and Yaqi ... well, ... I will try to sell them ... and that's why they only have 100 that flew in hours!

There were too many people waiting, especially Americans and French ... after the reviews already published two weeks ago

In fact, Yaqi's people were finishing the edition of the other model of razor, the GlobeTrotter, in the same workshop, so maybe they came across this consignment by accident. The GlobeTrotter will be cheaper but I am very happy with it, I have been using it in its different versions (3 already) and I think it is an ideal machine for daily use ... and for travelling.

La historia tal como me la han contado ellos es que el dueño del taller que las fabrico para el americano ( que pendaba venderlas a 80 dolares ! ) es amigo del dueño de Yaqi … y se las ofrecio .

A ellos tras el Covid, todos caninos , les ofrecen una partida de maquinillas que el americano les habia puesto pegas y no las queria pagar … y se las ofrecen al primero que pasa , a Yaqi, que no tiene tantos remilgos tecnicos !
Y el americano se coge un rebote de aupa … logico … pero la culpa es de el por no pillar el material y sobretodo por su avaricia de intentar vender por 80 lo que Yaqi vende por 20 … Y GANANDO DINERO … menudo atraco tenia previsto el pajaro americano !
Esta convencido de que Yaqi le ha robado la produccion , pero esta totalmente equivocado … pero evidentemente hay montones dispuestos a creerle la historia
Pero creo qeu es una cadena de errores, malentendidos, la brutal incidencia economica del Covid en los talleres chinos … y la venta a la desesperada del material alli aparcado al primero que pueden colocarselo

Yo creo que el americano se reboto por que el cabezal no es identico, los chinos desesperados por tres meses sin trabajar , las vendieron como pudieron , y Yaqi … pues bueno , … las intentare vender … y por eso solo tienen 100 que volaron en horas !

Habia demasiada gente esperando , sobretodo americanos y franceses … tras los reviews ya publicados hace dos semanas

En realidad los de Yaqi estaban terminando la edicion del otro modelo de maquinilla, la GlobeTrotter , en el mismo taller , por eso quizas se toparon con esta remesa sin querer . La GlobeTrotter sera mas barata pero a mi me tienen encantado , llevo usandola en sus distintas versiones (van ya 3) y me parece una maquinilla ideal para el uso diario … y para viajes . y hay novedades en mangos espectaculares … algunos no los he publicado aun …
The story I read from the vendor is that they used a contract manufacturing agent to find a manufacturer to make the razor for them, and that manufacturer was Yaqi. Everything was proceeding normally and prototypes were made reflecting the changes they’d requested, when the manufacturer and the agent simply stopped responding to Heritage’s communications. Yaqi then decided to sell the razor themselves. I’ve no idea which version is correct but what you’ve written is very different from what Heritage has stated. Out of interest, who was your source and why are you taking what they are saying as gospel?

The story I read from the vendor is that they used a contract manufacturing agent to find a manufacturer to make the razor for them, and that manufacturer was Yaqi. Everything was proceeding normally and prototypes were made reflecting the changes they’d requested, when the manufacturer and the agent simply stopped responding to Heritage’s communications. Yaqi then decided to sell the razor themselves. I’ve no idea which version is correct but what you’ve written is very different from what Heritage has stated. Out of interest, who was your source and why are you taking what they are saying as gospel?

I have observed that with the few reviews of the Yaqi branded one out there, the issue that plagued the last Heritage prototype is still a problem, adjusting the razor after tightening. My guess is that Yaqi wanted to run away with it so fast, they didn’t resolve that issue. Putting that modified DE89 clone baseplate on this razor also tells me they were in a hurry to get it out the door before Heritage Collection Shaving could get a new manufacturer.

Say what you will about RE and Matt, you have to hand it to him to be shrewd enough to have his incarceration of the Gibbs manufactured locally without the worry of someone else running away with it.

As a Gibbs owner, I can see the economics of getting the Yaqi for spare parts, such as the spring, handle and knob if those parts fit. The knob and handle would also have to be a material such as brass or aluminum to be gunkoted. That’s about it. For a purchase of an aesthetically close and quality build version of the Gibbs that I would actually use, I prefer to wait for HCS.

R

romsitsa

A wild guess, you are connected to Yaqi.

Adam

Reactions: CCR
I have observed that with the few reviews of the Yaqi branded one out there, the issue that plagued the last Heritage prototype is still a problem, adjusting the razor after tightening. My guess is that Yaqi wanted to run away with it so fast, they didn’t resolve that issue. Putting that modified DE89 clone baseplate on this razor also tells me they were in a hurry to get it out the door before Heritage Collection Shaving could get a new manufacturer.

Say what you will about RE and Matt, you have to hand it to him to be shrewd enough to have his incarceration of the Gibbs manufactured locally without the worry of someone else running away with it.

As a Gibbs owner, I can see the economics of getting the Yaqi for spare parts, such as the spring, handle and knob if those parts fit. The knob and handle would also have to be a material such as brass or aluminum to be gunkoted. That’s about it. For a purchase of an aesthetically close and quality build version of the Gibbs that I would actually use, I prefer to wait for HCS.

I got all this from the Spanish SCNHG forum where a certain "Ales" is apparently the one who tests his products for YAQI

YAQI ADJUSTABLE

“We wish them the best of luck with their version of it and we will continue to update you when we have more information”.

Just a blurb from HSC on Twitter from a little while back.

Sorry gents, this doesn’t sound like a greedy, robber of the common man to me. Of all the things he could have said, he proved he was a gentleman.

I am Ales .. and before the rumors, I asked the Yaqi management directly if they were true, because all the versions I read ... all came from a single source (offended)

The direct version of them is ...
1 - They did not know Heritage, nor the people .. because, simply, Yaqi, DOES NOT PRODUCE HARDWARE .. therefore it does not act as an intermediary

The hardware manufacturer for Yaqi, is the same as for several famous online stores in the USA, Canada and Europe ... therefore it is hard to believe that an American manufacturer did not also know that source of material, when I know it in Spain and I have no relationship with this industry (I am a historian - designer - tester ... but not a manufacturer) ...

In summary, Yaqui was offered by the manufacturer (personal friend ... but they did not ask for it) ... after the Covid and with a tremendous economic depression, they accepted it for sale ..

They are developing another model, now in pre-sale ... they call it Katana, it is a tribute to the GlobeTrotter model, from Leresche, from 1917 ... yes, very updated and refined lines ... but a great classic with half razor blades , conventional.

Also in the same factory ... maybe that's the only point of contact in this story ...

But each one creates the version that they like the most ...
View attachment 1128221
“after the Covid and with a tremendous economic depression”. Why does this keep getting mentioned? Is it seen by Yaqi as a valid excuse for their ungentlemanly behaviour? Every country has suffered with COVID and the subsequent economic fallout so please don’t use this as a justification for a company to take someone else’s project over, no questions asked. I’m sure their personal friend acquaninted them with the details so their actions are still dubious in my opinion: economic circumstances are no excuse.

Top Bottom