What's new

Yaqi 24mm Silvertip - A Review

Thanks. I'll have a look.

I can buy two brushes locally. The really cheap black plastic Wilkinson synthetic and the Omega 10005, my first brush.

It's a drive 40 minute drive to the closest real shave shop.

The Artful Badger – Classic Shaving Goods, Beard & Moustache Care, Men’s Grooming Products, and Other Gentlemanly Luxuries – Classic Shaving Goods, Beard & Moustache Care, Men’s Grooming Products, and Other Gentlemanly Luxuries.

Other than that one shop, my only option is online.

Here, the only source of Yaqis was initially only Aliexpress, but in the past year, some (mainly the old models) have appeared in say 2 shops and more recently in Amazon (where a seller from UK has put some more recent handles too). For synthetics, ordering from China costs less, but for badgers, especially silvertips, it costs about the same order them locally. It's a few euros more and you get delivery in a few days.

I really like the name and the logo of that shop! Very good, both of them. If only they also had a bigger inventory of products! But, really, one of the best, if not the best names i have seen in a wetshaving shop! It brought a smile on my face! "The Artful Badger!". Amazing! :001_005:

bump anymore thoughts on the YAQI silvertip brush ?

People still thinking the 24mm is too big ? They don't do alot in smaller sizes

bump anymore thoughts on the YAQI silvertip brush ?

People still thinking the 24mm is too big ? They don't do alot in smaller sizes
Their 24mm is different depending on the brush. The OP's brush seems a lot bigger than my Black swirl 24mm silvertip. I love my silvertip and it seems to be the perfect size for me. I like 24mm - 26mm as long as the loft is set a bit deeper.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A good read.

I had gotten past lather-hog boars, and thought synthetics were the last word. Horse brushes are pretty much a floppy novelty.

But on Black Friday I threw the Maggard two-band badger in the cart and it has me rethinking badgers ... The Muhle/AoS finest badger I have is scritchy and floppy.

There are badgers and badgers; one must hunt the right one. Organic things have soul. Synths perform brilliantly but lack soul ...

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've switched to a Maggard 22mm synthetic. Its the only brush I use now.

Maggard Razors 22mm Black Handle Shaving Brush Synthetic | Maggard Razors Traditional Wet Shaving Products - https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/maggard-razors-22mm-synthetic-shaving-brush-black-handle/

I prefer the smaller differently shaped handle and the knot itself is almost perfect. Its as soft as my Silvertip, has enough backbone, loads very hard soaps a lot quicker and hogs no lather at all.

If someone made a dense 18mm Silvertip for around the same cost as my Yaqi I might be a buyer.

Top Bottom