What's new

xpec

I doubt all these places that had it in stock for less and had sold out will be restocking it.
It wasn't always at the low price that conaught was selling it for, usually when they lowered the price they wanted to sell it fast and when it's sold out its not restocked.
There were quite a few items they had that sold out but was not restocked. I hope I'm wrong.

I got a tub from Connaught back in July for about $38 (total shipped) and as soon as I place my order they started showing it as out of stock. They still haven't restocked, but they also haven't removed it from the website and they have an option to get an email when it is available. I've been using it for six weeks now and I love it. It has to be my favorite cream or soap at this time, those with tallow included. I don't hoard software, but I have a couple of Stirlings, one WSP, two SVs, a tube of Proraso green, and a puck of ABC hard soap, and I like Xpec the best. Some of the others are as good during the shave, but they don't match the way Xpec makes my skin feel. I got the unscented because of all the bad feelings on the scented version's scent. Personally, I have never even smelled the scented Xpec, so I don't know if it is as bad as people say or not. One person here described it as medicinal, which can also be said about Proraso, and that isn't too bad to me. Still, I would stick with the unscented.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
The smell of Xpec scented is nothing like Proraso.

Think Godzilla's jockstrap after he's just run a marathon then went on a binge with Bigfoot in Tijuana...

It isn't bad if you order it from Europe with decent shipping like from Gifts and Care, about $40 US and then get another 10% off with the B&B coupon. Remember its 250ml of soap, a HUGE container.

I've found rather ordinary in its performance so maybe get a sample from Old Town first.

Cheers, Steve
@Steve56 What is the B&B coupon? How do I get it?

This is not meant to insult de shavers (which i mostly employbased on time constraints) nor exult straight shavers (which i do once week out of love).

Perhaps some would have a different opinion if straight shaving.

For example, salter rose, cella, proraso and others work more than acceptibly when using a de.

BUT try straight edge shaving with them and while still good, the creme rises to the top and THAT is where the AdP, Xpec and Castle Forbes demonstrate where the money went.

De allows slop. It is akin to street driving where roads are generally designed to assist drivers masking deficiencies in skills and equipment.

Straight shaving is akin to racing where tracks are designed to reveal and punish deficiencies in skills and equipment.

Straight shaving with Xpec is a joy vs the majority of soaps and yet to encounter an inexpensive soap that can compare to 3 aforementioned. In fact AdP only thing i have encountered better than Xpec

That is my experience from an ungifted shaver whose errors need all the helpto masque they can get. Perhaps those highly skilled can get away with some slop. Know I pay for such foolishness with bad shaves

Top Bottom