What's new

xpec

What is it?

It's an Italian Cream (pretty firm cream though, bordering on a Croap). The scented version is a dirty rose scent. It is very slick and protective. People have a problem with it, since the MSRP in the US is $60. However, it can be ordered from England for $30 and is very reasonable at that price. If you are worried about the scent, there is also a scentless version.

Very good performance and scent but I sold mine (original) because I prefer soaps greatly over creams.

Given the discount (thank you exchange rates), I'd do it. I've been using it since Christmas and it has bee great. Today I went with MWF to compare and guess what? I liked the post shave feel with Xpec better! Go figure 🙃

Big container that performs as good as or better than Castle Forbes....it's worth 30$ if that's how you look at creams. Very slick and great strong scent. Worth 70$?.....not on my budget.

If you only have 30$ to spend on creams for the year then I'd probably look at getting a couple from Stone Cottage instead. I think they are arguably as good as far as performance goes. You could get a bunch of bargain creams for 30$, but if you are looking at XPec, you probably aren't bargain hunting.

If you are like me and every time you hear Xpec you wonder how good it is, you'll get it sooner or later anyhow. Might as well do it while it's relatively cheap. I always held off, but when the price came down I jumped on it. I'm glad I did as its one of my favorite creams now. If the price goes back up, I'll probably not replace it but if it stays lower, I'll keep buying it.

no way worth the price.
but, i am guilty as anyone in falling to temptation.
and enjoyed it!

$xpec kent henckels pinaud clubman penhaligon sartorial november 18 2016.jpg

The older formulation of XPEC was considered the best cream on the market by many. The current formulation is still an excellent cream, but the quality of the lather isn't quite up to what it used to be, and not any better than several other high end creams. The scent is polarizing. I happen to really enjoy it, and therefore also use their AS and EdT. XPEC will always be in my rotation.

The older formulation of XPEC was considered the best cream on the market by many. The current formulation is still an excellent cream, but the quality of the lather isn't quite up to what it used to be, and not any better than several other high end creams. The scent is polarizing. I happen to really enjoy it, and therefore also use their AS and EdT. XPEC will always be in my rotation.

I pretty much agree with you but for me I would word it that nothing out there currently outperforms it. I really did like the old formula but I really don't notice much difference in performance except the new formula is a bit stiffer. If I work the lather a little longer, I get very similar performance compared to the old formula. At $30 it is a very reasonable value considering the performance. The cost is less per shave than MdC and a lot less compared to Nuavia. I love Nuavia, especially the scent, but I feel you are paying $25-$30 for the ceramic container. I have several high end creams, they perform well, but not better than EXPEC. Of course you can get a great shave for a lot less cost per shave using Tabac or Haslingers but XPEC is definitely a top tier product and if you enjoy the scent, it's cost is justified for the experience.

Quick question: performance-wise is it better than Simpsons? I recently tried Simpsons and can't imagine anything being better. Was completely blown away, especially since I am normally a soap guy,

I pretty much agree with you but for me I would word it that nothing out there currently outperforms it. I really did like the old formula but I really don't notice much difference in performance except the new formula is a bit stiffer. If I work the lather a little longer, I get very similar performance compared to the old formula. At $30 it is a very reasonable value considering the performance. The cost is less per shave than MdC and a lot less compared to Nuavia. I love Nuavia, especially the scent, but I feel you are paying $25-$30 for the ceramic container. I have several high end creams, they perform well, but not better than EXPEC. Of course you can get a great shave for a lot less cost per shave using Tabac or Haslingers but XPEC is definitely a top tier product and if you enjoy the scent, it's cost is justified for the experience.

I agree, it's definitely a top tier cream. At least for me, it's as good as but not necessarily better than Castle Forbes, Esbjerg, Baum.Be., Alvarez Gomez, SMN v.3, and the new Fitjar Island creams.

Good call on Fitjar, Richard, sensational products. I'm firmly in the (unscented) XPEC camp, great cream. The scented version? Uh, no. lol

Top Bottom