What's new

Xiaomi vs Arc 5

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
New review at ShaverCheck for the Xiaomi vs Arc 5:

Panasonic Arc 5 vs Xiaomi: Which One Is Better?
That's a good review. Sounds like the Panny still wins if you want the best. I assume the Xianomi is made in the country whose products I avoid if I can, so it's a non starter for me.

I like my Arc 5 and would rebuy if it wore out. Problem is, I enjoy wet shaving too much. I need to make a point to use it occasionally so it doesn't waste away from disuse.

That's a good review. Sounds like the Panny still wins if you want the best. I assume the Xianomi is made in the country whose products I avoid if I can, so it's a non starter for me.

I like my Arc 5 and would rebuy if it wore out. Problem is, I enjoy wet shaving too much. I need to make a point to use it occasionally so it doesn't waste away from disuse.

Yep - I actually use my Arc 5 with lather, so pretty similar to a DE for me. I'd have to say that among electrics, the Arc 5 probably delivers a shave closest to a blade. Haven't tried the Xiaomi, but Ovidiu's review is pretty much what I expected - great value, several compromises, just an OK shave - and as you observe, replacement parts will likely be a problem, because.... Reviews mostly downrate durability and reliability (particularly the battery), but can't beat the price.

Cant afford the Arc 5 but do have the Arc 4 as well as a couple a Bruan series 3's. The Arc 4 is way better than the bruans. And this review kinda says that this Xiaomi is better than the series 3 too. Mind left my panny at work and aint going in for the next 3 weeks.

Top Bottom