What's new

X450 leaking a bit

But I'm just not sure how the ink is even getting there....

proxy.php

I used to have the same thing happen to me with my x750. Ink is getting caught up under the grip and the black piece that the nib and feed slip into.

I used to have the same thing happen to me with my x750. Ink is getting caught up under the grip and the black piece that the nib and feed slip into.
How did you fix it? I don't see where the pathway would be.

How did you fix it? I don't see where the pathway would be.

remove the nib and section and make sure its clean, be sure the cart or converter are seated firmly and sealing correctly. it could also be that the ink is a little thin for the nib and is bleeding out. what kind of ink, what kind of paper is it?

it's Diamine Red Dragon. I don't think it's seeping from the nib, but from under the gold trim.

Maybe it's the converter, I'll have a look there. thanks!

The black piece that looks like trim is actually glued to the section but it not water tight so what happened with me is when I would flush the pen with a bulb syringe water and ink would seep in between that black piece and the metal section. I actually had that black piece pop out one time when putting the converter onto the pen. If you already checked the nib and it is placed correctly them that is more than likely the cause to your leaking. You can also try to put a corner of a paper towel between the black piece and the metal section to see if any ink is wicking through. I hope this helps

Top Bottom