What's new

www.shaving.ie is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how they can ship to the US so cheaply. Even the small order I just placed was only $2.74 shipping for a tub of Spieck shave soap and some blades...I sure wish US vendors could do that! Lots of great products on their site.

If you've never ordered from them, check them out, and don't let the fact that they're in Ireland hold you back. Some products are cheaper AND they ship DIRT CHEAP.

Usually takes about 7 days to show up at my door, but hey, that's not too bad, really. Some US vendors take that long.

I use Chris at Shaving.ie regularly and he is amazing, will answer all questions and his prices on some things simply can not be beat. I am in NY and things are usually delivered in 4-5 days. Pretty amazing.

I ordered only once from Shaving.ie and was the last. Nothing against them, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Now, I don't know how can he ship so cheap to the US, but for Europe they charge like €10 even for a simple brush. Gifts&Care has better prices and ships a lot cheaper to Europe.

I get $6.87 estimation for a tub of Spieck shave soap. That is a significant difference.

That matches the shipping quote that I received (for delivery to the prairies).

Oddly, there are vendors one province over from me (in Ontario) who need $20 to ship what I can receive from Ireland for less than $7...

I ordered only once from Shaving.ie and was the last. Nothing against them, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Now, I don't know how can he ship so cheap to the US, but for Europe they charge like €10 even for a simple brush. Gifts&Care has better prices and ships a lot cheaper to Europe.

The shipping prices to the USA could also be affected by the great volume regularly shipped here. It's certainly easier to offer better shipping prices on smaller items and weights when bulk is guaranteed. Certain British vendors have similar cheap shipping to the USA.

Additionally, I believe that within Europe, VAT is applied to shipping charges.

I was looking at $30 worth of stuff from G&C, and it was $35 to ship it here.

yes you will often find us Europeans trying to buy in the States to avoid vat. Its 23% of everything you purccrathase which is massve.

In fact shaving.ie will charge me about 5dollars to ship 5 miles up the road, and its the same price for 3000 miles to the U.S. A headscratcher indeed.

Last edited:
I didn't know that B&B was a tax policy site and I thought this thread was about shaving.ie? I'm sure there are plenty of sites for you to view your conspiracy theories regarding the current "regime" but B&B isn't one of them.

I was explaining VAT to a guy who didn't know what it was.
I've asked a mod to close the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom