What's new

Wunderbar

I never got around to posting during Slantember, but the thread coaxed me to pull my Wonderbar out of storage. I was surprised, and pleasantly so. I haven't used the Wonderbar much over the years because I found it difficult to get it right. It gave a great shave, but if I didn't pay attention I'd run into problems.

This time though, it just clicked. I've been getting wonderfully close shaves that are as smooth as any razor I own (I have close to 50). The shaves have been so smooth that I can't put it down. I'm about to start my third blade. That's something I've done only with the Rocnel Sailor.

What a great razor!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock Wunderbar is a different razor to dial in and I found for myself the best approach when using it lately is a steep angle(ringing the bar) and because of the high head curvature a short handle with a light touch also seems to be my solution to master this razor.
Because of the high curvature head you have to almost rid the bar anyways and the shaves have become stellar and I thought I would mention this because some folks might struggle a little with it at first.
My technique has matured a little over time also and that has helped a lot with blade feel. It will bite when you steer off the course a little but that is seldom for myself.
Razorock is introducing a new stainless steel slant (AKA =super slant) in the next few weeks also if folks are interested.

(old archived photo of shaving angles,(L) razor is a Razorock Wunderbar!)

Razor angle 2.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom