What's new

WTTF Gillette Tech (pre-war, triangular slots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I got one in trade thanks to Falmike!

As the title suggests, I am looking to trade for your pre-war, triangular slot Gillette Tech. I'm not too picky at this point on the type (fat handle, contract, or WW2 issue bakelite handle). Below is part of an image Achim (Mr-Razor) put together to illustrate the pre-war Techs.

$pre-war_techs.jpg

I'm looking for one in good user grade condition, although a replate would be an added bonus. I would like to avoid any heads with pitting, but brassing is not a big concern because I might decide to replate it if it works out.

Since I'm in the 2015 annual restraint, I am not looking to spend any money other than shipping, but I would happily discuss some trades (DE and SE razors, badger and synthetic brushes, soaps, aftershaves, fountain pens, notebooks, and/or inks). My Wiki is up-to-date on my shave gear and pens. Items marked Family Heirloom and Keeper are not up for trade.

Please send me a PM if you have a pre-war Tech, and what you are looking for in trade.

Thank you

Last edited:
You can't have mine, that's for sure!

I just wanted to suggest if you're interested in a little tinkering that a standard oval-slot tech head works exactly the same for me if I use 1 shim (or was it 2?)

This is the only head I use except for some occasional experimentation. I love it.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks Heath - I hadn't thought about shimming my '46-'50 Tech.

I do have a couple PMs, so I'm hopeful I can work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom