What's new

WTT Walbusch B5 adjustable slant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am offering for trade a rare Walbusch B5 adjustable slant razor. This razor functions much like the Merkur Progress, but it presents the blade at an angle when shaving. I own two of these razors and would like to offer one to the community, hoping to find something special in exchange.

This razor is in very good condition but presents with a few minor flaws. First, there are flea bites in the chrome on the base plate. These are only visible when you disassemble the razor. There are a couple tiny defects in the chrome of the top cap along the shaving edge. I think these are subtle, and they don't affect the performance or feel of the razor. They barely detract from its appearance, IMO. There is mild loss of red paint from some of the numbers on the dial. Lastly, there is a hairline crack in the black Bakelite stem of the knob piece. This part is inside the handle when the razor is assembled, so it's not normally visible. Also, this piece is stable, so it doesn't affect the function of the razor. The photos show it, but it's very subtle, and you have to look closely. This piece is not subject to any stresses when the razor is assembled, but only appears to guide the knob into the handle.

I would like to trade for some other vintage adjustable razor, preferably an Apollo Mikron.

Here are the photos:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am required to post a value link, and the only one I can find is below. Incidentally, it is for the very razor I am offering for trade.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Slant-Gillette-Blades-Gillette-Shavette-Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom