What's new

WTS straight razor kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale today is the gear that I acquired while thinking I was going to get into shaving with a straight, and have realized that regrettably its not something I'll be able to get into.

Looking for $75 shipped.

Basically its a sight unseen kit from Whipped Dog along with a handful of other items. Not super-sexy stuff, but I think its a good base to get you started if you're looking to try a few things out without pouring a lot of money in up front. Here's what's included in total:

- 3 razors with one coffin and one fabric/woven holder
1) Yankee Cutlery Co. Lion Brand 500 5/8" (this was from Larry's kit)
2) Gold Dollar (this was from buca3152 when he was doing these a hobbyist)
3) Wade & Butcher stubby that I picked up as part of some lot as a potential project razor... yeah, I never got around to that.

- 2 strops
1) Illinois Strop #827, with the separate canvas strop
2) Whipped Dog poor man strop (from Larry's kit)

- Whipped Dog 2-sided balsa strop, with extra red & green abrasives

- King 1000grit hone on the plastic base

- set of 3M lapping film, practically unused (includes 30, 15, 9, 3, 2 and 1micron, 2 sheets each that were originally 1 larger sheet each and I cut in half to make the size manageable).

If there's any additional photos/info/product links I can provide don't hesitate to ask.

IMG_1879.JPGIMG_1889.JPG IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1885.JPG

Oh why was this not available when I started out??? The beginnings of so many AD's!! GREAT starter kit at a GREAT PRICE.

Anyone starting out would be set for a while AND on their way to learning to hone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom