What's new

WTH....is going on with Razorock...(changed scent)

I posted before about Razorock and product availability. That got cleared up as inventory is back in stock...

That said Stallion ... I've now gotten three bottles that absolutely smell horrible. Smells more like a cleaner than aftershave. Most definitely not the original scent and smells nothing like the Stallion soap. When I reached out to the ( owner? ) via email I was told nothing is wrong with his stock of Stallion. Oookkk...so maybe I got a bad bottle? Just got an order from them and was excited to check out the Stallion...nope. Same offensive scent that is NOT like the original and NOT like the soap. It's a different color as well.
Part 2...Tuscan Oud
Got two bottles of it...Absolutely positively different scent than the soap. The original matched the soap but this is now different. Hell the color is different too. Smells almost chocolate like. Again...nothing like the original nor the soap!!!

Part 3..
Mudderfocker...exactly the same as before and smells exactly like the soap. Great!

Part 4
Gold. Smells like the original and exactly like the soap. Great!!

2 out 4 isn't bad playing baseball but this is nonsense. The owner will respond like I have the only bottles that are different.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this going with Razorock?

Thx

I wonder if your splashes got mislabeled, to where you accidentally ended up with a different splash. I've seen a few situations where it seems like that's happened from different artisans/vendors.

This is from the IB page for Stallion

11A5B6D2-D9A7-4D32-810B-627F030CD77E.jpeg

Are you joking or being serious? I've not heard of such a thing...(not saying it isn't true)??
If true could you kindly explain

The new Puros and American Barber are different as well to my nose. Note the color difference in the two bottles (left is the old version and don't have an old bottle of American Barber to compare):
20220125_165737.jpg

Well Stallion and Tuscan Oud were fantastic. Stallion sucks now....it's offensive!! Tuscan isn't offensive but it's nothing special whatsoever like it was.

Anyone got any suggestions on a god damn American company with some decent combinations soap/AS that I can try?

I have all the Clubmans....

I agree i got a new bottle of Stallion and it smells nothing like the soap. Although I read before ordering it in the product page that due to changes by the EU that it does not have the same scent as it used to.

That is probably just the standard Italian Barber "refunds or exchanges are not worth our while" policy.
Here is from nearly a year ago when I got Stallion from them when all this started. I was a repeat buyer hence me knowing it was different. After several email exchanges and a message or two on here was the response....

Screenshot_20220126-131050_Gmail.jpg

It was out of stock after this for the longest time until recently. I tried purchasing another bottle hoping it was some weird odd thing especially after this last exchange.

Nope.

They didn't have the "scent is different" notation back then....and he thought there was nothing wrong or different with them.

Clearly the stuff was different then but apparently it's now acknowledged on the website to which I didn't read anything about it this last order. Who reads sonething again they already purchased prior?

Oh well. It's bull****.

Anyone got any NON Razorock AS/soap product referrals? I've got all the Clubmans and Suavecito's.

I remeber seeing one from an American company that was a very dark blue color scheme label on the soap. For the life of me I can't find it now ...(not Razorock)

That's a shame your experience has left some to be desired.

A quick browse indicates that Stallion is a dupe of AdP Colonia Intensa Oud. I have never compared them but maybe Stirling Agar, SV Tundra Artica, or other oud scents might fit the bill. Lots of other artisans and companies with great products to support.

I understand the OP’s frustration and appreciate the sense of community around here supporting him.

I also want to state that I have not bought any IB or RR product in over 6 years and won’t ever buy anything from them because most of their products are copycats of original designs and personally in this hobby I’d rather pay more for the original idea.

Having said that, I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt here. EU regulations change all the time and I imagine Razorock contracts the production of the aftershaves and the scents from third party providers, who might not have informed them about the changes. Once he heard from his customers and verified with his suppliers, he changed the product description and offered the OP a refund. To me it all seems to look fine at the end.

Top Bottom