What's new

WTB/WTTF La Toja Manantiales Shave Soap

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Bob, you're such a good guy that I'm willing to part with my roughly 3/4 full jar of it. I hardly ever use it even though I like it. No charge. PM me if you're interested

Bob, you're such a good guy that I'm willing to part with my roughly 3/4 full jar of it. I hardly ever use it even though I like it. No charge. PM me if you're interested

You're too kind, Georg. I am a bit on the OCD side when it comes to used soaps, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're an entrepreneur, aren't you, Heath? The best jump on opportunities like that. :thumbup1:

I'm not, actually. Just been dreaming about that beautiful wooden jar since I fell in love with my La Toja stick. I'm honestly astounded that you're turning him down!

I'm not, actually. Just been dreaming about that beautiful wooden jar since I fell in love with my La Toja stick. I'm honestly astounded that you're turning him down!

OCD is OCD. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. At least we have the stick!

At one time, the stick and jar were the same formula. I have seen some reports that the stick was changed in the last couple of years (to no ill effect).

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
La Toja is my #1 go to soap. I have only ever purchased the Manantiales once, just before they discontinued and immediately fell in love with it from first shave. But when I went to the stick, it's quality is so good also, I was hard pressed to differentiate between it and the Manantiales.

Have used countless La Toja sticks since then, and while I wish the
Manantiales was back, I can't say I miss it.

I had one bowl and 3017'd it to death. I've regretted it ever since.
If bowl and stick are indistinguishable, why not just grate several sticks into the bowl?

For some strange reason I thought the bowl had a different scent, but that must not be the case.

If bowl and stick are indistinguishable, why not just grate several sticks into the bowl?

For some strange reason I thought the bowl had a different scent, but that must not be the case.

Same scent. If push comes to shove I will grate it, but I am lazy by nature.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I use the La Toja stick for travel, but I do grate up the sticks into a beat up old wooden shave bowl with lid at home. The mineral salts in the soap has bleached out and etched parts of the wood, giving it a Manantiales sort of feel to it, I like it. :)

Top Bottom