What's new

WTB WTB Charcoal Goods Level 3 baseplate GEN 3/4 compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a CG razor with the everyday baseplate but don’t use it much and it’s such a shame as it is a work of art. The CG razor deserves to be used more so I’ll need a level 3 baseplate. Not sure if what I have is Gen 3 or Gen 4 but I purchased it used a year or so ago on the BST here. Let me know if you have one for sale or trade. Thanks.

Just to be clear I’m only looking for the baseplate. I’d buy it straight up from Charcoal Goods but they are sold out at the moment.

Hoping to find a Level 3 that is the heavier version that looks like this, but I'm not sure if they ever made the Level 3 with this heavier baseplate.

CG Everyday head.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
First, I am unaware on any generation 4, as indicated in your post title.

Second, I am not aware that they ever made a heavier Gen 3 Level 2 or 3 as you are asking above.

The only one with a heavy baseplate was the initial run of the Everyday, which was thinned out to match the new Gen 3 level 2 and 3 when they were first released later on.

Thanks for that. I had a few emails with Brian from CG and I was asking for some kind of chronology from him and he didn't state it as clearly as you just did.

I sort of figured that was the case by going back to 2020 on his instagram page, as I remember when the original Everyday razor came out and he ditched the 1-3 Levels of the previous design. According to his IG page, the Level 2 was the first one with the weight reduced plate. Then I guess the 1 and 3 followed.

As far as the Gen 4 I mentioned, that was just me guessing as I thought there were 3 Generations before the Everyday version came out and to me that would make the current designs Gen 4, but I asked Brian if he had a chart with the timeline of former and current generation of his razors and he declined to answer that question which baffled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom