What's new

WSW Bit the Dust?

Wet Shaving World indicates that the Forums have been deactivated. It didn't really get a lot of activity, but I'm sorry to see it go.

I went there a few times, it was really slow. I went back after like 2 days and there was only a few replies, so it doesn't surprise me much.

I had high hopes that a forum founded by a master razor craftsman would be a great opportunity for in depth technical/ technique stuff.

Sadly, it quickly became SRP 2.0 (sans ban authority), and lacked enough traffic to get airborne.

I had high hopes that a forum founded by a master razor craftsman would be a great opportunity for in depth technical/ technique stuff.

Sadly, it quickly became SRP 2.0 (sans ban authority), and lacked enough traffic to get airborne.

Yeah - I agree, but I'm not sure I follow the SRP 2.0 part.

As is so often the case, money and business have a negative influence on hobbies and recreational pursuits.
I believe alot when on behind the scenes, with a few well known snakes from another snakepit heavily influencing the inevitable outcome..

Too bad... It seemed a pleasant place.

As is so often the case, money and business have a negative influence on hobbies and recreational pursuits.
I believe alot when on behind the scenes, with a few well known snakes from another snakepit heavily influencing the inevitable outcome..

Too bad... It seemed a pleasant place.
Yes - hard to tell for sure what - if anything - went on behind the scenes. I will say that in all the years that I have been involved with other (non-shaving related) forums - from small to very large - I have never encountered the kind of backbiting, infighting, political wrangling, and personal 'jockeying-for-position' that I've seen across much of the shaving community in general. There's a ton of great information and a ton of great people around here, but there is apparently also a ton of garbage that is either not present to the same extent in other communities as it seems to be around here, or it does not float to the top so quickly.

It's sad to see a shaving forum close down. It had a mission statement that was something about it not being a rival to B&B or SRP but bringing the blade shaving community together but I didn't see how it was going to acheive that with the format is had.

Top Bottom