What's new

WSP T Tobacco soap

I'm on a huge soap binge. Bought this because I love Tobacco fragrances. It arrived in a very small tin, surprised me. Also upon removing the lid, I found a soap that looked like it was going to be very soft, but surprised me once again. I popped it out of the small rin and put it in one of my Pyrex 2.99 little bowls I got at Marshall's. Perfect size to lather, seals air tight. Totally great soap bowl. Anyway this soap was to me the consistency of brand new silly putty, I worked it with my thumbs to fill the bottom of the dish with no air pockets , and couldn't get rid of the urge to flatten it on some color comics. Lol Anyway once I got it squared away and used it, I found a soap that lathered extremely easy. Super easy. The smell was really nice, but I have no idea why it's called tobaccco. I didn't sense any at all. The size of the tune was deceiving as it looked like a decent amount of soap in my bowl. Good stuff, although I don't think I'll buy anymore, it doesn't do anything spectacular for me.

Anyone else have experience with this soap? I'd be interested to hear some opinions.

Interesting comment.

I have yet to pick up a WSP tallow soap, but do have a few tins of the Rustic (veggie MDC clone) Tobacco scent plus a bottle of WSP Tobacco aftershave. It smell's Tobacco-Like to my nose.

I have read that when soap makers add fragrances to shave soap, that the oils in the soap can abosorb, or change some of the essential/fragrance oils. I wonder if the WSP tallow Tobacco is an example of this.

This might be my all time favorite soap. I agree with the OP that i don't really smell Tobacco in it, but I very much enjoy the scent. I also have the same experience building the lather, but the performance on my face is exceptional, and the post-shave feel is also very strong. I'm on my first year wet shaving, and i have tried >30 soap samples. WSP Formula T Tobacco scent will likely be the first soap that I re-order, though I like the Mahogany scent almost as much.

I really like it. I would have never tried it, but I was able to smell it before buying form a local barber. I think it has a hint of a freshly opened pack of smokes, but not burnt or smokey at all. More of an earth herbal scent to me, I guess it is supposed to smell like the flower of the plant. I actually went back and bought the matching beard oil.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I like products with the scent of the tobacco flower, but not tobacco itself. ... unless it smells of pipe tobacco :tongue_sm

I'm curious to hear from someone that's tried both the Rustic version and the Tallow, and hear if the tallow version is any better. I like the Rustic formula so don't know if it would be worth checking out the tallow.

I'm curious to hear from someone that's tried both the Rustic version and the Tallow, and hear if the tallow version is any better. I like the Rustic formula so don't know if it would be worth checking out the tallow.
I realize this thread is very old now. So if anyone has any experience to add since the original posts I would like to hear them.

I have both the Rustic and Formula T both in Tobacco. Additionally, I have a very old sample tin of the Tobacco. It is from a few years ago.

In terms of performance I would say they appear to be very close. I notice the Tallow version seems to be marginally slicker and perhaps have a little more cushion (the difference really seems like splitting hairs). The Rustic Soap is excellent IMO. I have just received a new large tin of the Formula T and cannot comment with much authority on the actual performance or on the post shave yet as I just lathered in my hand (Like child with a new toy). I can update if anyone here is interested.

The biggest interest for me, which is slightly disappointing, is the change in fragrance. WSP has changed the fragrance of the tobacco noticeably between the old and new. The original one is sweeter and the soap itself has a darker sandy color to it (it's only subtle but apparent). Has anyone else noticed the change?

I have a tin of Tobacco Formula T and the scent is very, very light. I guess it's a tobacco flower
scent. I've had this particular tin for a couple years now and it's pretty light in color, performance
is great. I imagine it's the latest, due to the both the light scent and color. Good soap though.

Top Bottom