What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

The problem for me is that it seems people down play significant points. If a person can lie and be fraudulent in business he shouldn't be apuded or promoted it is those people who don't care or brush it off as saying he makes good products it foesnt matter as to say it's OK he's a cheat and immoral as long as he makes good products. This isn't far from being not logical but dangerous for consumers. Example video game corporations anti consumer practices and shady businesses that are happening more sevetrrely past 2 years. My point is it's the responsibility of shaving forums Community at large to not promote paa or anyone scummy instead of just saying idc or people made up their minds long ago so it doesn't matter or what is more damaging giving the impression to brand new de shavers that paa is a good choice. This is pushing it to the extreme but if nixxon made the best shaving products but as everyone knows he was a corrupt president and politician a d scum in general those excuses above fall short if u supported his brand. Being eccentric is not an excuse and if you know anything about shady people they always present themselves as great personality wise.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I have heard that the CIA lie was infact
The problem for me is that it seems people down play significant points. If a person can lie and be fraudulent in business he shouldn't be apuded or promoted it is those people who don't care or brush it off as saying he makes good products it foesnt matter as to say it's OK he's a cheat and immoral as long as he makes good products. This isn't far from being not logical but dangerous for consumers. Example video game corporations anti consumer practices and shady businesses that are happening more sevetrrely past 2 years. My point is it's the responsibility of shaving forums Community at large to not promote paa or anyone scummy instead of just saying idc or people made up their minds long ago so it doesn't matter or what is more damaging giving the impression to brand new de shavers that paa is a good choice. This is pushing it to the extreme but if nixxon made the best shaving products but as everyone knows he was a corrupt president and politician a d scum in general those excuses above fall short if u supported his brand. Being eccentric is not an excuse and if you know anything about shady people they always present themselves as great personality wise.

Did you almost say #gamergate ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Not to be political but I sort of assume all politicians are liars but only when they talk or write or make facial expressions. My guess is Nixon was not the worst of them, but I don't claim to know that. I'm merely cynical about them all.

I have to vote for somebody even if I have to hold my nose. Either that or not vote. My choice.

If the principals of PAA are currently unprincipled I've heard nothing about it, and would be happy to know if they are. In the past? Well, that's what people say, but people say all sorts of things. I am not saying people are wrong in what they say, but I don't have the ability to know more than I know.

Lacking that, I'm willing to accept that many people, certainly including myself in that group, have made mistakes and done things which were at best springboards for improvement and opportunities to develop one's character. It's hard sometimes for me to forgive others (and sometimes impossible), but I'm willing to try to do that.

I'm not saying you or anyone should think or feel or do anything.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Like I said above good products or certifications are not synonymous with a good business ethnic it has been documented in many posts and not other forums as well. If you read the first post and the title of this thread, as well as those that follow you wouldn't need to be asking these questions. As with what you are asking for you would need to do your own digging as the posts on paa are numerous. Lastly electronic arts, Activision blizzard are world renowned corporations as well just because they are doesn't mean they are not shady or unethical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be political but I sort of assume all politicians are liars but only when they talk or write or make facial expressions. My guess is Nixon was not the worst of them, but I don't claim to know that. I'm merely cynical about them all.

I have to vote for somebody even if I have to hold my nose. Either that or not vote. My choice.

If the principals of PAA are currently unprincipled I've heard nothing about it, and would be happy to know if they are. In the past? Well, that's what people say, but people say all sorts of things. I am not saying people are wrong in what they say, but I don't have the ability to know more than I know.

Lacking that, I'm willing to accept that many people, certainly including myself in that group, have made mistakes and done things which were at best springboards for improvement and opportunities to develop one's character. It's hard sometimes for me to forgive others (and sometimes impossible), but I'm willing to try to do that.

I'm not saying you or anyone should think or feel or do anything.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Lmao yeah I tried to pick someone who at least most people can identify as bad ik they are way worse worse and more recent but I wanted to get my point across without starting a political fight. As for any politicians they breath and exhale lies I do agree. For me it's like you lie once that's passable as a customer if you lie twice thrice and beyond thats a red sign. I see many posts throw around the word forgiveness as if it even applies people can be forgiven but business practices are not people. If your a fraud in business your always be a fraud if that's what your founded on then even if now Douglas is legit he got there upon fraudulent actions. If even half of the things he allegedly did are false its still pretty bad and the thing that grind my gears is that nobody especially on YouTube ever mentions this at all and they portray him as a shaving icon. Maybe bits because wet shaving has no real press but still its like if I had been purchasing from razorock and proraso and find out they were shady I would be pissed.

Could someone explain the benefit of rhodium plating? I have a Rockwell 6C and it's great.
Supposedly very hard wearing (though very brittle) and very, very shiny which is the bit that appealed to the "magpie" in me when I bought my Rhodium plated Red tip.
It does have a very bright quality to the finish that the chrome plated razors and highly polished stainless steel razors I own don't have.
Apart from that, no advantages, just a different and pretty thing to own!

Andy

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has tried WSP EDP COLOGNES? I know some have mentioned the WSP olympus edp cologne, but has anyone tried any of their other scents? are they any good? Also, has anyone tried PAA edp colognes? They sell 30 ml bottles for 50 bucks. Seems a bit expensive, but wondering how they are and if they last long.

Eau De Parfum (EDP)

Never tried WSPs EDPs, but there Tobacco aftershave and all there beard oils I've tried have great scents and staying power. Usually at least 4 hours and sometimes I can still smell them after 8-10 or the next day in the shower.

i have Wsp tobacco aftershave and edp. The edp is great and when i use it i go light.
is the wsp tobacco edp like a masculine scent? is the tobacco like a cigar smell? have you gotten compliments on it? how many hours does it last on you for the whole day?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
is the wsp tobacco edp like a masculine scent? is the tobacco like a cigar smell? have you gotten compliments on it? how many hours does it last on you for the whole day?
Oh very masculine tobacco. Not at all cigar smell but tobacco flower. I use it more in winter. Wsp aftershave have some scent staying power i can smell it at work several hours later the edp is stronger but i apply only 1 or 2 sprays
I definitely recommended it. They frequently offer free shipping and they are affordable

Oh very masculine tobacco. Not at all cigar smell but tobacco flower. I use it more in winter. Wsp aftershave have some scent staying power i can smell it at work several hours later the edp is stronger but i apply only 1 or 2 sprays
I definitely recommended it. They frequently offer free shipping and they are affordable
hi there, can you smell anything else besides the tobacco in the wsp tobacco EDP? THANKS

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
hi there, can you smell anything else besides the tobacco in the wsp tobacco EDP? THANKS
I just tried it. Its tobacco leaf and flower with some bay. I get a tobacco pine leafy woods leather scent although im terrible at describing scents.

I have been reading about Phoenix & Beau and realized not many reviews are calling out for attention. When I found the English shaving Co was shipping these at a flat rate £1.99 worldwide I had to order few. My Shopping basket took 5 soaps before it re-calculated the shipping charges so I culled down 6th soap. Last week the mailman came calling with Spitfire, Coda, Whitechapel, Star Noir and Volupta. I am going to do mini reviews here just in case some of wet shaving brothers feel a particular soap might be up to their ally.

It is summer time here in India and I took Volupta out for couple of shaves so far. I now buy soaps mostly for their scents because I have yet to come across a shave soap that cannot give a good lather and shave regardless of origins i.e. mass produced or artisan. Good smelling soap is important to me because I don’t use lot of perfumed products and like to spend my 10 min of day surrounded in scent(s) I really like and feel at home with.

Scent perceptions are very subjective and I don’t have a golden nose. But nothing about this Limited Edition release is feeble or middle of the road to me. Citrus and Lime essential oils by nature are weak and fickle but they do play nicely with little spiciness. However the soap shines in floral accords and I do get a little rose that is not exactly ‘rosy’ and jasmine dance with citrusy naroli. In spite of being an outright floral, this is as manly as it can get. I do like heavy scented soap and while this is no silage monster the scent is there as through the shave and some after you have rinsed it off. A very pleasing and firm 5-6 out of 10 scent strength.

It contains lanolin but didn’t stick to the blade and rinsed clean and post shave feel is not greasy like some of other artisan shave soaps and works well for me as I don’t have very dry or sensitive skin. This is going to be in summer time rotation for me. Best I like about this soap is they have created an original scent profile without wanting to replicate something as the trend seems to be on nowadays.A very sensual and voluptuous soap and it became instant favorite.

No plan to start on another soap right away but I will add in here whenever I get around to do that.

I just tried it. Its tobacco leaf and flower with some bay. I get a tobacco pine leafy woods leather scent although im terrible at describing scents.

thanks Rhody. i think I will try it out. have you gotten any compliments at all on the WSP tobacco edp?

Just tried my first P&B - Imperial Rum. Loved the smell, but also the best cushion I've found (previously it was Arko). Post shave feel the best hands down. Can't wait to try the others I picked up - Sanskrit and Spitfire.

Top Bottom