What's new

Wow

I got a GEM Push Button a while back as part of a kit I bought off BST (thanks rxonmymind!) and was planning on selling it in a few weeks along with a few other razors I don’t really need.
I figured I would take it for a test drive, if for no other reason than it would allow me to say “it works just fine,” so I picked up a pack of GEM SS blades from Walgreens. Sunday morning, with two days of barbed-wire-like growth, I lathered up some KMF unscented and proceeded to zing through it like nobody’s business. Two effortless passes for a great comfortable shave.
Wow. Just wow.
This morning, I repeated it with another two days of growth and all I can say is:
Wow. Just wow.
Absolutely no irritation, no thinking about angle, no clogging…no problems!

For me.... a couple of very special straights I have. Both mean a very lot to me. The closeness and irritation free are comparable between the straights and some of the SE's, except

The transport in my mind to a much earlier time and place. The memories are so thick you could almost push them with your hand.

So my classification as the second best shave on the planet is just a very personal observation. Overall The SE's are so far heads and tails above DE's there is no comparison.

Single Edge razors are the unsung hero of the wet shaving world.

proxy.php

Third shave in with the same Walgreen's GEM stainless blade. Still rockin'. I think I'll give it two more shaves before I try something new....

...the OCMM that came with the same BST package. Thanks again, rxonmymind!

Last edited:
Top Bottom