What's new

Wow! What a great find!!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I just got 4 brushes that were to be the basis for my first restore attempts. But one of them needs no restoration at all! It's definitely worth the price I paid for all 4, delivered ($20) at least!

Here is the original photo of the 4.

proxy.php

The one on the right looks and feels unused. A couple of dry hairs were falling out of it. I cleaned it up with a dish sponge, then got some Flitz to polish it up. For all of 3 minutes. Washed the handle off with dish soap, then upstairs for a little shampoo and conditioner.

It feels a lot smoother than my Tweezerman, I'm guessing Best or Finest badger. I decided to lather up some Kiss My Face and it was so impressive, I got the camera out again. Here she is in the scuttle.

proxy.php

Here she is with some nice meringue peaks on her next to the Tweezerman.

proxy.php

And finally ... how does that look next to the chrome on the EJ 86? Wow!

proxy.php

I will shave with her tomorrow. I think that just replaced the Tweezerman. At least until my King1976 Gabon Ebony gets here. :w00t:

Not bad for one of my first purchases on the Bay!

SCORE/DROOL,there goes another lobster bib(only effective way ive found to keep drool outa my keyboard):)gotta love the bay

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Yeah, can you tell I started shaving in the 70's? :001_tt2:

Currently on the shelf are Aqua Velva, Old Spice, Pinaud Clubman, Mennen Skin Bracer and English Leather. Oh, and some Aramis cologne. I'm out of Brut, but that's usually there, too. And on the far end is a Marvy neck duster with Pinaud Clubman Talc.

70% of the time it's Thayer's followed by the Clubman. I love the old barbershop memories of my crew cut days.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
You know, that's what I thought of the EJ, too, but I don't seem to have a problem. There was a thread on the EJ a while back about it being slippery and there were like 20 replies or more, nobody ever has a problem with it.

We'll see about the brush tomorrow. If I keep soap off my hands, I'm OK.

Top Bottom